Serious problem or ??

Participant count
  • Participant list

jmkanek
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Wise, VA
Well im a dumb*** got in a hurry today to get everything in the car before a show and a ground wire got against the amp casing, didnt notice it till i turned the radio on one amp protected (the one the ground wire got against) and the other one had a horrible static engine noise, so i finally detected what i did fixed the wire, now both amps work fine but there is still horrible static and engine noise, i grounded the rcas at headunit and cut some of it out but its still there, never was before,

Question and hopefully this is all it is, would it be safe to say i fried the rcas grounding on headunit or could more damage be done,

you may have messed up the internal ground on the amp
how would i go about elimnating that from the equation, if i unhook the rcas from amp and the noise is gone, would that meant that only the headunit is the problem, sweating bullets here, lol

when i unhook the rcas the noise quiets, so i hope and pray its just the headunit

---------- Post added at 12:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:46 AM ----------

i would never have thought that a ground wire touching the amps caseing could cause all this,

anyone else, if the noise stops with the rcas unplugged from amp, that tends to lead to the headunit being the problem is this correct i hope so

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.