Serious Volt drop.

Participant count
  • Participant list

Silver
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
Brighton, MI
Hey guys, I hooked up my DMM to my system and I'm getting 9 volts when the subs hitting lows.

I have a few questions on what I should do and where to start.

First of all I have a hifonics bxi1606d. I know its not the best, but from what I hear when they are used properly they will do the job. I'm also running a Alpine MRP-240 for comps.

I can turn down settings on my headunit and eliminate volt drops and the amp does not go into protect, but does not even run at optimum specs.

Soon as I turn it back to where I listen it to and I start dimming amp shuts off and I have to reset my system (off/on). It will play for about 10mins before it does this though. Its not a instant shut off.

Now my question is. Is this they way the amp is? Or the way my electrical system is?

I have a stock altrenator that puts out 120amps. 4ga running to the amp, ect. I have a normal battery, no yellow top or anything. Haven't put on any big 3 yet or a altrenator.

Last question, would it be worth upgrading my electrical or buying a new amp the does the same power?

What impendence are you showing the amp? Try big 3 and upgrade batteries. I have stock eletrical and was running something similiar to you. rd 1750 for 2 atomics running wired @ 1 ohm. (1600 rms) + infinity 4-channel for my comps and co-axials (111X4rms) with stock alt, no big 3 130amp alternator. didnt expereince any dimming or nothing here..but im upgrading batteris and big 3 pretty soon

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Silver

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Veteran
Silver
Brighton, MI
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date