Setting Amp

Participant count
  • Participant list

Motokid
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Texas
Finally installed my system. When I pulled the amp from the old car I didn't change the settings or anything. But now that it's in the Fusion it sounds all gainy and distorted. I backed the gain down and im stilling getting the same result. Yes I am using a cheap PAC LOC for a couple days while the LC2i is on order.

I completely forgot how to do it and can't find where I looked..

Whats the best way to set Phase Align, base boost, subsonic x over, and low pass xover?

Using a ppi 1800 on a fi bl 12.

Thanks guys

Found a couple guides to setting everything.. It's like my sub is playing nothing but highs and absolutely no lows.. What have am I missing here?

And your line out is wired correctly? Subs wired correctly? It sounds like a crossed wire, or maybe tye amp s switched to full or hpf. I lean more towards a crossed wire, possibly at your line out converter.

And your line out is wired correctly? Subs wired correctly? It sounds like a crossed wire, or maybe tye amp s switched to full or hpf. I lean more towards a crossed wire, possibly at your line out converter.
Could be. This LOC is weird.. It's wired correctly or I think so from their directions on pos/neg and the thread I found regarding the Electrical in my car. Just trusting those are correct.

With my Chrysler I had to leave one of the RCA's unplugged.. With both plugged in it was muffled. Cheap $15 LOC is what I get lol. Like I said the Lc2i is on order so hopefully that'll be much better

Hmmmm. Def sounds like a defective converter. Should never have to leave an rca unplugged if it is wired and working properly. Get it replaced then see if that fixes it all.

Nope can't figure it out whatsoever.

I'm getting just a hallow sound. Moved the wires around and its sounding a little better. Actually some bass. But still a hallow sound.. No clue what is wrong. Literally pulled the sub out of my other car and put it in this one.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Motokid

10+ year member
Senior VIP Member
Motokid
Texas
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date