should i get this amp?

kyleorsini
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
i can get a cliff designs cd400a amp locally for 100$ it would be to power my rockford power 6.5 comps up front they currently arnt amplified now is the amp worth getting???//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

Yes running a amp to your front stage is a good idea...your comps will come alive and you can use the crossover to keep the lower range of music your subs should be playn out...this will let you get greater valum to you mids...better sound and a longer life too

thats not so much what i wanted i know i should amp my front stage been wanting to for a while, and i offered a guy 100$ for the amp and im wondering if the amps worth 100$

wont find anything cheaper that does that amount of power on ebay for like at least 150$ i live in canada so shipping and duty comes into a factor. im not looking for a amazing amp, just one to give my comps a bit of power for a couple months till i do a new build in the winter.

offer the guy 80.00 and see if he takes it. 80.00 for a nice looking amp that dooes rated power is hard to best since you coulod actually need the amp. sorry for the spelling mistakes this is from my phone but yes go buy it.

ill see if he takes 80 if not for 100$ im not going to find a amp that does that power at 4ohms for any cheaper i just wanted to know if the amp itselfs good i cant find much info on it.

there is a old school but new punch360a2 on eBay for 99 plus shipping buy it now as far as car amps go i don't mean to sound bias but American made from the 90's and early this decade are the best i WON'T buy any amp made in china i don't care what name is on it if you look at http://ampguts.realmofexcursion.com/ alot of amps use the same board that come from china(asia) i just sold a ppi 250 on eBay this morning for 65 shipped it was a GREAT sq amp plenty of power

okay i bought the amp, havent checked if it workss or not yet, its getting late so i will tomorow, but what is the "high input speaker input" theres a plug in for that, and in the manual it says not to use RCAs if using the high input, but if im not using that i have to use the rcas, on the high input plug theres a ground wire, and 4 speaker wires (L+R -+) what is this high input thing?

u dont' need the hilevel input.

RF power comps can take alot of power, I had mine on 156wrms and my friend had his on 232wrms (rf power amps from both of us //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif)

heres a pic of the board //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

21aa2hl.jpg

ah okay thankss //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

so i just went outside and hooked the amp and free aired 1 of my jbl speakers and the amp works thankfully and sounds good started to make my speaker stink. hopefully they make my RF powers happy

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.