Silverado DDZ build

Yea what's wrong with a 153db on music from Cpillar on 8k? U really should be doing no less then 155db in your truck cab being as tiny as it is with two 18s on a 20k amp.
Tahoes are one of the easiest to get loud. Id expect a 155+ from music if your doing 8k [emoji14]

I'm just saying numbers don't tell the whole story.
The one place in town with a meter charges $50 for 30 minutes or less..........

I've never heard a metered vehicle above a 133, so I don't know what 150+ sounds like.

One of my friends did a 133 with two Alpine type E 10's in a sealed box from the trunk on a Sony Xplod amp back when the other local shop had a working meter. I did hear that setup, lol
Holy batman!! Thats a loud system.

Sent from my draconis using Tapatalk

Ppl think Tahoe are so easy to get loud. Look around. All of the 155db plus rides have 10k plus power... Shlt most bpillar cars and trucks only do mid 50s and I'm doing 57s from the Cpillar... Ppl think it's so easy to get loud but it's not. Los33 prly doing under a 50 and same for adulbirch.. If it's so easy to do 55+ there would be more ppl doing it. Ppl talk **** it's easy blah blah but yet you guys ain't 55+ same goes for noloudforyou. He thinks it's so easy to get loud because he did a 150db in a scion. Ones you hit the 150s it's not so easy to gain 1 db... Once you guys meter over a 55+ plus then run your mouth.

Ppl think Tahoe are so easy to get loud. Look around. All of the 155db plus rides have 10k plus power... Shlt most bpillar cars and trucks only do mid 50s and I'm doing 57s from the Cpillar... Ppl think it's so easy to get loud but it's not. Los33 prly doing under a 50 and same for adulbirch.. If it's so easy to do 55+ there would be more ppl doing it. Ppl talk **** it's easy blah blah but yet you guys ain't 55+ same goes for noloudforyou. He thinks it's so easy to get loud because he did a 150db in a scion. Ones you hit the 150s it's not so easy to gain 1 db... Once you guys meter over a 55+ plus then run your mouth.
Why so serious bro?!?

Hahaha im waiting to meter mine, i still need to add a few more support.

Dont forget i only have 5k on tap if that as i havent even got the quad alt in yet so im dropping voltage quick.

So you're telling me I should be doing 155, then complain when I said you did a 153, and are now saying I'm probably doing less than 150 even though you've never heard it?

Are you fucking serious?

You might think you are doing a 150 and the meter will crush your dreams. He is right it's harder going from 50 and up. I did 150.2 term loudest I've ever metered. Buy a meter man, see the gains and take the guess work out.

Why so serious bro?!?
Hahaha im waiting to meter mine, i still need to add a few more support.

Dont forget i only have 5k on tap if that as i havent even got the quad alt in yet so im dropping voltage quick.

U have a bpillar with 4 18s? You should do a 155db

So you're telling me I should be doing 155, then complain when I said you did a 153, and are now saying I'm probably doing less than 150 even though you've never heard it?

Are you fucking serious?
Yes your in a tiny pick up truck. U should do 155+ with what u have. There a member on Caco that had a 2 18 DD z blow thur on 7k does 154s on music

---------- Post added at 10:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:13 AM ----------

You might think you are doing a 150 and the meter will crush your dreams. He is right it's harder going from 50 and up. I did 150.2 term loudest I've ever metered. Buy a meter man, see the gains and take the guess work out.

Haha yes it's funny every time someone meters for the first time. Dream crusher!

I'm not paying $400+ so I can buy a meter and impress Nate

Yes your in a tiny pick up truck. U should do 155+ with what u have. There a member on Caco that had a 2 18 DD z blow thur on 7k does 154s on music 

---------- Post added at 10:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:13 AM ----------

Haha yes it's funny every time someone meters for the first time. Dream crusher!
Big Ben? He sold one of them (or maybe both by now)

If it's really that important to you, on lunch break today, I'll go over to the shop and ******** with the owner for a little bit. Then I'll show him my system and see if I can get a minute to meter real quick. If not, I'll wait to pay to meter until I get the plexi in and the roof/door braced

I'm not paying $400+ so I can buy a meter and impress Nate

Big Ben? He sold one of them (or maybe both by now)

If it's really that important to you, on lunch break today, I'll go over to the shop and ******** with the owner for a little bit. Then I'll show him my system and see if I can get a minute to meter real quick. If not, I'll wait to pay to meter until I get the plexi in and the roof/door braced
That $50 is bs! There acouple shops around here with meters. And it was a $20 1 time fee and u can use there meter. If there busy selling stuff to customers u will have to wait to use it because the guy comes out with his laptop n meter but $20 one time fee... Id tell that guy $50 ain't worth it for one time use.

A meter is not to impress anyone. It's to see what gains you might be getting, you have $3000.00 subs but don't wanna spend any money to see what kinda progress you are getting //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif and you can get a term cheaper than $400 buddy. I've seen lots of people selling to buy the new one that came out. It's definitely a nice tool to have

That $50 is bs! There acouple shops around here with meters. And it was a $20 1 time fee and u can use there meter. If there busy selling stuff to customers u will have to wait to use it because the guy comes out with his laptop n meter but $20 one time fee... Id tell that guy $50 ain't worth it for one time use.
Yeah $50 is insane I agree. Shop here was also $20 for 3 tests

That's the only shop around here with a working meter.

The other shop in town is really cool. I know the head installer there. Their meter is not working right now, but he said he'd let me use it when they get a new one.

Kyle is really cool. Here's his old build log for anyone interested:

http://www.caraudio.com/forums/car-audio-build-logs-cars-trucks-suvs/497280-renovation-silverado-4-15-treo-ssx-teardown.html

A meter is not to impress anyone. It's to see what gains you might be getting, you have $3000.00 subs but don't wanna spend any money to see what kinda progress you are getting //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif and you can get a term cheaper than $400 buddy. I've seen lots of people selling to buy the new one that came out. It's definitely a nice tool to have
What gains? After I install the plexi, I won't be changing/tweaking this build.

It sounds good, gets low, and is loud enough for me. Numbers are to tout around on the forums and show how big/bad and important you are. The girl in your passenger seat doesn't care if you're doing a 153 or 155

In class right now, but will watch that later. We're about to start taking notes, and I really need to do it this time. Calculus is hard //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.