SMD Distortion Detector Testing and Review!

If any of you haters every used on you would not be talking down about this tool. So what you dont like Meade, who care. What have any of you done for the industry? He's promoting a good tool, along with the CC-1. He also is promoting a good sub, getting people away from the overpriced, overrated, under built BS on the market today. He may not go about it the right way but he is doing something. How many people have watched his vids, read the comments, thinking they knew what real car audio is about only to find out they knew nothing? Now some of those people have real high end equipment. I can say I'm one of them
SM pretty much personifys everything that is wrong with this hobby. Know-it-all elitist douche bags that think because they blow a lot of money on "high end equipment" they're better and smarter than everyone else. His always right attitude and fan-boys who back him up are just juvinile to the point of absurdity.

I don't have to do anything for the industry to know his behavior is childish douche-baggery and I cast my vote against it by specifically NOT spending money on him, his products, or any companies who would use someone like that as a spokesperson. There was a great thread (on DIYMA IIRC) where someone who actually knew electronics was trying to ask him some legitimate questions and he went into a tantrum over it.

I've met loads of people who have "real high end equipment" that are just as incompetent as Dr. Subwoofer. I have very exclusive equipment myself, it speaks only to the fact that I am passionate about sound and I work hard and save money to buy toys I really want, it certainly does not make me right about everything, an authority on everything and beyond reproach or question.

IMO that clown may as well start up a cult and have his fan club out at the airport selling pencils.

SM pretty much personifys everything that is wrong with this hobby. Know-it-all elitist douche bags that think because they blow a lot of money on "high end equipment" they're better and smarter than everyone else. His always right attitude and fan-boys who back him up are just juvinile to the point of absurdity.
I don't have to do anything for the industry to know his behavior is childish douche-baggery and I cast my vote against it by specifically NOT spending money on him, his products, or any companies who would use someone like that as a spokesperson. There was a great thread (on DIYMA IIRC) where someone who actually knew electronics was trying to ask him some legitimate questions and he went into a tantrum over it.

I've met loads of people who have "real high end equipment" that are just as incompetent as Dr. Subwoofer. I have very exclusive equipment myself, it speaks only to the fact that I am passionate about sound and I work hard and save money to buy toys I really want, it certainly does not make me right about everything, an authority on everything and beyond reproach or question.

IMO that clown may as well start up a cult and have his fan club out at the airport selling pencils.

Finally someone with some common sense ........

I never said i agree with the way he carries himself. BUT nobody can deny he has brought more real entustiest to our hobby. They may have not know any better in the first place but it was a part of the reason they dug further

Lot of haters in here. If the tool works properly, makes my life easier, and has a decent price, I couldn't care less who's name is on the box. Sure an oscope may be able to do more, but did it ever cross your mind that the VAST majority of people will ONLY use it for this purpose and so this tool is perfect? Get over yourselves.

I never said i agree with the way he carries himself. BUT nobody can deny he has brought more real entustiest to our hobby. They may have not know any better in the first place but it was a part of the reason they dug further

I would argue that that type of attitude and behavior probably drives more people away. Got help us if we get more people into this that are attracted to and behave like that!

Lot of haters in here. If the tool works properly, makes my life easier, and has a decent price, I couldn't care less who's name is on the box. Sure an oscope may be able to do more, but did it ever cross your mind that the VAST majority of people will ONLY use it for this purpose and so this tool is perfect? Get over yourselves.

What is it perfect for? Detecting clipping? Distortion? What kind of distortion? To what precision and at what frequency range? Apparently Mr. Knows All likes to shout down and insult the people asking more specifics about how it works and what it's supposed to do.

Really about the only thing I could see it useful for is for wanna-be rich kid/eliteist/fan boys to show off that they know more and are better than anyone else.

Spending a lot of money and being right all the time on the internet is no substitute for Pen!s size.... get a **** pump and grow the **** up.

How did you like the response he gave when the diy member asked what they used to make sure their folding table wasn't soaked in static electricity?

He wasn't all that bead in 2005-2006, he was still a cocky douche but bearable. I got in an hour long argument once because I said HO problems was louder then the hoopty.

OP- You have a voice for radio. Or an upbeat info-mercial type thing. I bet you could sell the shit out of stuff! Its up to par with Billy Mays IMO //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

this is not about hearing it or this detector wouldnt need to be made.
OK, so what is the point? What precisely does it detect? Inaudible distortion? The pic a few pages ago shows a 40 Khz wave with a bit of a notch on it. Is this somehting that gaining down some piece of equipment will help? After you set your gains to 0db 40hz sine wave, what happens at every other frequency and other record levels?

OP- You have a voice for radio. Or an upbeat info-mercial type thing. I bet you could sell the shit out of stuff! Its up to par with Billy Mays IMO //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif
I agree. lol

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

twistedchild420

5,000+ posts
CarAudio.com Veteran
twistedchild420
East,TX
Start date
Participants
Who Replied