SMD Distortion Detector Testing and Review!

this is not about hearing it or this detector wouldnt need to be made.
so a distortion detector to get rid of the inaudible distortion.. just what I needed to waste my money on..

until there is an active distortion eliminator to eliminate it from music directly I will stick with an oscope.. as you can detect clipping, distortion and use it for other things..

so a distortion detector to get rid of the inaudible distortion.. just what I needed to waste my money on..
until there is an active distortion eliminator to eliminate it from music directly I will stick with an oscope.. as you can detect clipping, distortion and use it for other things..
i agree to an extent. i wouldnt buy one. just was not talking about distortion you hear obviously lol. sq of recorded music just doesnt seem to be what it used to be. maybe its just me idk.

i agree to an extent. i wouldnt buy one. just was not talking about distortion you hear obviously lol. sq of recorded music just doesnt seem to be what it used to be. maybe its just me idk.
well I hear so much distortion and background noise in just the music alone that even the dd1 won't help that.. its worse when you have high end speakers and can hear all of it..

well I hear so much distortion and background noise in just the music alone that even the dd1 won't help that.. its worse when you have high end speakers and can hear all of it..
i agree. i have said that to many people and they say they cant heat it. its mostly in the higher frequencies where you notice it most. mp3's are worse yet. reason i never use an mp3 player on my system. although once in a while you get lucky on a mp3 and its not bad but thats not often.

This unit can't compare to a really good O-Scope, but for entry level systems and for the cheap price it should work fine. I wouldn't use it for a competition system, but for a daily system I would.
1 a really good oscope will cost you way more and 2 they did a vid with it side by side with a oscope and it did the job just as good,it won't do everything a oscope will do but all I wana do is set my gains and that's all

You know what I don't really care if his name is on it I don't go to his site or anything but I'm on a budget can't afford a good o scope an nor have I ever used one. I'm buying one on Thursday cause this is the next best thing I can afford. An from what vids I have seen I don't thinks it's bad just maybe lower the price

your amps should be less than .1% for that matter. most high end amps are well under .1%
never checked this thread again oh well late reply, they are //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif making this ''tool'' 100% worthless for my stuff.

dd1 is a waste of money. i set my amps with it and my bass nob still said i was clipping and that was with a 40hz -5db tone. also i could smell the coil after setting gains with it and i was only running a 2k on my warden lol.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

twistedchild420

5,000+ posts
CarAudio.com Veteran
twistedchild420
East,TX
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies