Space Problem F-150 extended cab FX2

jMaul

I've been looking through many of forums trying to find a solution for the problem i am having.

In my FX2 i have 2 - 10" subs that i have bought a box that is supposed to be "built for it" and what i got is a big problem, they hit the floor. The box lays facing down and due to the slope of the floor of the truck it rises up a little as it goes back leaving almost no clearance for the speakers.

If anyone can provide a solution even if it is to custom build a box or possibly another location to place them i've got open ears and eager to hear some input.

I did try spacers, and the result the seats wouldn't go back down (with how big the spacers needed to be) As for taking out a seat doesn't that seem a bit drastic my seats are the same as your. single seater separate from the other two. My thought was creating a box myself that essentially sit on the floor making the middle seat obsolete. The only issue i would have with doing that is now knowing how magnets would effect each other while facing back to back.

We typically end up having spacers made for the back seat to get additional clearance then build the enclosure to fit with in the space allotted from the seat lift..

Not always the cheapest method, but works great.

We have also removed the back seat and built the sub enclosure to be a seat before, but I don't suggest that method if you actually use the back seat much lol.

Yes they are shallow mounts but because of the limited space that i have. Couldn't tell you why the "custom" built box causes them to smack on the ground causing a horrific sound and probably damaging them at the same time.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.