Speaker baffles, worth it?

There was a thread a few weeks back about it. If your mids are more suited for IB those baffles will prevent that and the space the mid would be enclosed in wouldnt be enough and it could hurt performance. Only thing I can see them being used for is to keep moisture away from the mids to prevent rust.

There was a thread a few weeks back about it. If your mids are more suited for IB those baffles will prevent that and the space the mid would be enclosed in wouldnt be enough and it could hurt performance. Only thing I can see them being used for is to keep moisture away from the mids to prevent rust.
I was thinking about that....hmm thinking i just might dynamate the door area around

You can also pick up some wax based non hardening clay to add mass in trouble spots, fill holes, and use it as a cushion on the speaker baffle to seal it to the door properly.

You can also pick up some wax based non hardening clay to add mass in trouble spots, fill holes, and use it as a cushion on the speaker baffle to seal it to the door properly.

• Closed-cell polyethylene enhances frequency response for improved sound clarity
• Easy conformability in tight spaces for a professional installation

• Thin material design offers less bulk for a clean and tight installation for professional finished appearance

• Available in sixteen (16) different sizes covering the most popular speaker sizes

Isolates frequency responses and prevents sound from migrating to unfavorable areas in the vehicle such as door panels

• Reduces panel-to-frame and door panel reverberation and road noise for improved acoustics

• Serves as a protective barrier for speaker cone and voice coil against dirt and dust

• • Closed-cell polyethylene enhances frequency response for improved sound clarity

• Thin material design offers less bulk for a clean and tight installation for professional finished appearance

• Available in sixteen (16) different sizes covering the most popular speaker sizes

• Isolates frequency responses and prevents sound from migrating to unfavorable areas in the vehicle such as door panels

• Reduces panel-to-frame and door panel reverberation and road noise for improved acoustics

• Serves as a protective barrier for speaker cone and voice coil against dirt and dust

Damping properties help reduce distortion for enhanced acoustical response

• Closed-cell material forms a cushioned seal between speaker and mounting surface to isolate speakers from vehicle

• Acts as a protective guard for exposed speakers (example: speaker components visible in trunk area)

• Extends speaker lifespan and protects owner’s speaker investment

• Closed-cell material forms a cushioned seal between speaker and mounting surface to isolate speakers from vehicle

• Acts as a protective guard for exposed speakers (example: speaker components visible in trunk area)

I was just looking at these claims

• Closed-cell polyethylene enhances frequency response for improved sound clarity

Isolates frequency responses and prevents sound from migrating to unfavorable areas in the vehicle such as door panels

• • Closed-cell polyethylene enhances frequency response for improved sound clarity

• Isolates frequency responses and prevents sound from migrating to unfavorable areas in the vehicle such as door panels

Damping properties help reduce distortion for enhanced acoustical response

I was just looking at these claims

it basically works as well as putting some foam behind your speakers in the door panels. And some foam around the lip of the speaker for better sealing.

i myself have been meaning to pick these up from parts express....i just dont want to go and seal up my door and deaden it when im in a 2 door witht he sub behind my head....so im going to get these....just do it i will

i myself have been meaning to pick these up from parts express....i just dont want to go and seal up my door and deaden it when im in a 2 door witht he sub behind my head....so im going to get these....just do it i will
danget! i should have made this a poll or something.....cause im getting a few different answers now

I've seen them used in a IB trunk to isolate the deck speakers

For doors I think it will hurt you

It will however protect the speakers from water. Which I'm looking into currently and think you can find something else that will work as good for cheaper

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.