Speaker set up help

Participant count
  • Participant list

obv_ius

CarAudio.com Newbie
I have a dilemma with the system I want to install my issue revolves around my (4)6x9’s which are 4ohms and the number of speaker channels on my amp. What I’m trying to do is run all 4 speakers at 2ohms each in all 4 of their channels so they work with my amp. My sub is 2ohms. I understand if i parallel 2 of my 6x9’s they are 2ohms but do they connect into the amp as one channel? I just want my setup to work before i install anything. Feel free to tell me what needs to be replaced but if there is a way to make my setup work I’d appreciate the help. I’ll include a wiring diagram i started with all my specs.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    493.3 KB · Views: 56
You will get more power if you use 1 6x9 per channel. If you parallel 2 6x9s to one channel, each will only get 37.5 watts. And as per specs, you can not parallel and bridge, for amp can only play 4ohms bridged. On the plus side, the 6x9s are 70w rms, so 50w rms will be plenty to make them shine. That sub is perfect for the fifth channel.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.