Speaker wire gauge and subwoofers

Participant count
  • Participant list

cool9
10+ year member

France
Is there a chart for speaker wire gauge vs. subwoofer power? I have a 200 RMS/400 W Max subwoofer being bridged by a 2-channel amp. What gauge wire should I use? I've never had a subwoofer before.

My subwoofer (10" RF) also has a spring-loaded speaker terminal. You stick the wire in and the spring clamps it down. Except the spring is really strong almost to the point it feels like it'll cut the wire that's inserted inside.

it won't.

i'm a big fan of 14 gauge myself, seeing as you can buy a 50 foot roll of the stuff for 10 bucks at walmart.

12 guage is probably the best as far as speaker wire goes. You'd likely have to buy power wire to go any bigger than that.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.