Sq in substage vs frontstage

Well i got to admit that even if the Q doesn't sound that much louder than the type r's to my ear , my bone seems to shake alot more from the lowest lines //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cool.gif.3bcaf8f141236c00f8044d07150e34f7.gif
i felt weird when i left my car few hours ago
I bet you have it boosted about 2 times as high as a standard sq geek would LOL

I bet you have it boosted about 2 times as high as a standard sq geek would LOL
i did test it a little //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

I wasn't expecting that much output //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crazy.gif.c13912c32de98515d3142759a824dae7.gif

but why does some bass lines sound like ubber ****? "go getta" from jeezy, is there a way to make that sound good? there are few others songs too that just aren't tight as they should.

There be a few steller sound shops in Canada ...some of them had VERY nice sq cars back in the day

Well shop around my town sell ****. Kicker is the most higher-end brand sale along with alpine... I haven't see a lot of quality component set around so I had to make a blind choice, that give you an idea //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

Same thing for sub, I haven't had the chance to ear a lof of higher end stuff. Kicker's all around.

that's why i'm trying to set standards in what sq is about in substage

you would be in for a shock with what you can do with kicker and alpine. With a prime install that stuff has won all there is to win in SQ..and no I am not kidding. Couple of the best sub stages I have heard were kicker L7's and that is going up against Focal, DD, Aura, ID and JL with people who in their own right are pretty good at building and tuning with said equipment.

i wouldn't even use jeezy to test if a sub sounds good...

now i don't even know why the fuck you are caring about this so called SQ or even asking about it.

just buy any loud piece of **** speakers if jeezy is your reference material.

Wait, I missed something... Someone is using cRAP to test the SQ of a sub? Bwhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

ETA: Thanks for the laugh. Commercial Rap aka (cRAP) to test SQ, lmao......

Wait, I missed something... Someone is using cRAP to test the SQ of a sub? Bwhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
ETA: Thanks for the laugh. Commercial Rap aka (cRAP) to test SQ, lmao......
only on ca fucking dot com...

Well i wanted a sub that hit low that could fit a accent hatchback trunk. I don't only listen rap, but bass lines in that song in particular aren't great at all

Well i wanted a sub that hit low that could fit a accent hatchback trunk. I don't only listen rap, but bass lines in that song in particular aren't great at all
no ****...

now the question is, why the hell did YOU even mention it? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

Well shop around my town sell ****. Kicker is the most higher-end brand sale along with alpine... I haven't see a lot of quality component set around so I had to make a blind choice, that give you an idea //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif
Same thing for sub, I haven't had the chance to ear a lof of higher end stuff. Kicker's all around.

that's why i'm trying to set standards in what sq is about in substage
I hope you dont' expect to do that with a piece of **** front stage.

It seems like many around here buy subs that are supposedly SQL or SQ subs, match them with whatever comp speakers they hear are good, have no idea to tune the whole system, and call their setup an SQL setup. Is that's what's this is leading to?

IMO, even if you have a nice quality accurate sub that has great transient and frequency response and match it up with crap/mediocre fronts, the 'system' will not sound good as a 'whole', especially if you dont' know how to tune it.

why not use REAL referance material....like the 1812 overture or something with REAL sub-bass....not electronic bass fill in
ABBA at least.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

So now Image Dynamics boxed component speakers, particularly the ctx65cs model are SQ because they are the ca.com forum boner pick of the month? Also, a Hifonics Brutus amp for use on a so called SQ sub setup. Everyone, let's all gather for a ride on the fail boat express:p:

It seems like many around here buy subs that are supposedly SQL or SQ subs, match them with whatever comp speakers they hear are good, have no idea to tune the whole system, and call their setup an SQL setup. Is that's what's this is leading to?

IMO, even if you have a nice quality accurate sub that has great transient and frequency response and match it up with crap/mediocre fronts, the 'system' will not sound good as a 'whole', especially if you dont' know how to tune it.

imo, this needs to be a sticky.

no ****...
now the question is, why the hell did YOU even mention it? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

Pure comp Sq ain't what i was looking for. If so why would i went with an 18inch //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

I was looking for something that sound nice, having heard few subs, i went with the Q without earing it. I love exagerated soundstage, but maybe half the time i'm blending it with the rest of the system.

btw image dynamics comps aren't crap? :

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Xprime4

10+ year member
****in' canadian
Xprime4
Quebec, Canada
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date