SQ sub

bterz
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Hey guys. I recently decided on an alpine type-r powered by a TXA-6004

I was wondering if the Alpine Type-R is a good SQ sub or just likes to get loud. Obviously its not going to be the greatest because of its budget price, but i'd like something that sounds good > rattle my car loose.

So anyone got any reccomendations or would this be good??

My speakers sound good not-amped so I cant wait to amp them and get a sub in.

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wow.gif.23d729408e9177caa2a0ed6a2ba6588e.gif

Then the R isn't for you! lol..

It is NOT SQ oriented in the least bit, and you def. want to give it 1000w.

600 works too though.............................

Im actually completely new to car audio but my friend had a RF P2 and I liked how it sounded in his ranger lol...

I need to find someone locally with an Alpine Type-R.

I think im just gonna roll with it hahah

I'll check it out.
keep in mind my amp only supports 600watts RMS
You said Cadence TXA-6004, no?

4 Ohm RMS Power: 4 x 150 Watts @ 13.8 Volts

2 Ohm RMS Power: 4 x 300 Watts @ 13.8 Volts

4 Ohm Bridged RMS Power: 2 x 600 Watts

That would give a D4 IDMAX 1200 watts, unless we're not talking about the same amp...

thats correct, 600x2 but i plan on powering my front speakers as well.

Also, I searched an IDMAX and I cant afford 400$.

I can only spend about 130+/- on a sub. Do you suggest used?

thats correct, 600x2 but i plan on powering my front speakers as well.
Also, I searched an IDMAX and I cant afford 400$.

I can only spend about 130+/- on a sub. Do you suggest used?
Oh, I was unaware that you were powering everything on the one amp. But if it does 150x4 @ 4ohms, unless you're buying 2ohm separates that would only give you 300w for the sub.

$130 is your max? I might also recommend the new IDQ's.. they can be had for ~$250 shipped. Maybe even an ID12V3 if you really can't go over $150.

http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=4995

If SQ is genuinely what you're looking for, that is. Type R's are okay, but like was said, not known for their SQ.

Actually you will be fine with a type R. Great bang for the buck. I had my type R tuned nice and it sounded good! I agree, it is not known as a sq sub, but you can get them to sound good and they get loud!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.