SQL small-space Woofer Ideas!

Participant count
  • Participant list

Bumpin' Goalie
10+ year member

Magic 8 Ball
Looking for all ideas for SQL woofers such as or similar to the FiQ (wish they made 8's), etc in the 250 or less range

preferably 8's, but also entertaining thoughts of 10's and 12's. will be sealed most likely. have .5-1.5 cubes to work with and 1200rms to split between two 8's or a single 10,12. thanks.

Use the 1.2 and put a fi q 10 with the bp option in a ported enclosure. It will take 1200 rms all day long. Why use 2 when one can do the lifting?

because i have an obsession with 8's lol.

spent quite a bit of time making some fiberglass to fit some perfectly in my alcove windows in bak of the hatch.

but cant find a decently priced 8 that can handle 600rms that wants sealed.

you're thinking FiQ 10 i would imagine? probably my 2nd favorite option thus far.

in response to CX-7. i bet they sound amazing. however space is my primary concern. thus the drastic limitations. and reason i put 8's in the windows lol. i need as much cargo area as possible. my car gets packed to the gills regularly.

in response to CX-7. i bet they sound amazing. however space is my primary concern. thus the drastic limitations. and reason i put 8's in the windows lol. i need as much cargo area as possible. my car gets packed to the gills regularly.
You said up to 1.5.... 6 will work great in 1.5, and take that power as well

Edit: just figure for longevity sake 200 per sub .25 cube and do the math from there. you could do 4 and put 250 each to them, but be careful.

my issue would be surface area, and frankly, price. 6 woofers @ 130 each is getting steep on me. :-/ otherwise i'd make a hexagonal FB enclosure and call it a day. gotta love loud artwork ha.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.