Sub Direction?

Participant count
  • Participant list
Sounds like you're getting cancellation. If the output is there when you open the trunk then it doesn't sound like its a wiring issue. With that said it sounds more like the passenger compartment isn't completely sealed off from the trunk.

You need to try to seal up the rear deck, and make sure that the front of the box is completely sealed from the trunk. It would probably help to seal up the rear deck if you got rid of the mach box. Then you could seal the deck up and mount the 5x7s from the top. Then you'll probably want to take the back part of the back seat out and seal up behind there. That will help to get rid of the sound waves moving into the trunk.

In most experiences, including mine, you will gain lower end extension and output when the mounted drivers are facing the trunk opening of the car, or rear.

In order for bass waves to be enhanced, they need surfaces to bounce off of, the more the merrier.

In most experiences, including mine, you will gain lower end extension and output when the mounted drivers are facing the trunk opening of the car, or rear.
In order for bass waves to be enhanced, they need surfaces to bounce off of, the more the merrier.
So in your opinion, face them back or towards the window? I thought maybe it would be hatchback-ish to fire them off the window.

If you're going to fire them up through the rear deck(toward the window) you'd need to make sure that the sound waves are going directly into the holes in the rear deck. THe easy way would be to turn the subs towards the back (but, that's going to increase the chances of rattles. Those mustangs are rattle cans when it comes to bass. I did a lot of dynamat on one with a single MTX 9500 10" in a ported box, running off an mtx TE1501D and there was barely any rattling. I also took out the mach box like i mentioned before. Sounded good, but you'd have to rebuild everything to do that.

I'd try to see if you can get the front sealed from the back first. It'll take some work, but at least you won't have to rebuild your box, or your amp rack.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.