subs barley moving ?

perfecxionX
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
indianapolis
i've installed around 10 amps before, so i'm not new to this, but i just hooked up 2 8" jlb gto804 in a 1.2@35 box off an x600.1 I'm getting almost no output. If i touch the surround i can feel the subs moving a little and if i put my hand over a port i can feel i small amount of air moving but on high volume at 50hz the door speakers are producing more output that the subs so i know something is wrong. I triple checked my wiring before putting the subs in (plus they're svc 4 so the wiring is pretty straight forward). Does anyone have suggestions on what might be wrong? I just bolted the ground wire to a hole on a steel body panel in the trunk; could a bad ground explain this? :confused:Does it have to be a bad connection somewhere? Please help me narrow down possibilties b/c i cant figure this out (plus i;m tired of sweating my ass off in the garage)

i ran a wire directly from the bat (-) to the amp and that didnt help, so it wasn't the ground. next ill pull the subs out and check the wiring for a 4th time

this is the enclosure, except the ports are 3" diameter by 24" long. (the ports fire through the rear deck 6x9 holes, and the subs fire behind the back seats

boxfinal.jpg

going to sound off.. but swap the amp for another if you can and see if the amps output is going bad..
yea i did that and mad sure it isnt the amp.

i just pulled the box out and it seems the problem is leaks in the box

i can feel and hear air flowing out from around the seam between the sub basket and the mdf where it mounts.

i can feel and hear air flowing out from around the seam between the sub basket and the mdf where it mounts.
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/thumbsupwink.gif.129404938effda6ad9cca39e7f4b58a3.gif

yea i did that and mad sure it isnt the amp.

well you can get weather gaskets at hd/lowes/ace one side is sticky and you can stick in to the wood.. its like a compressible foam

there are more than a few leaks here so im going to go buy some fiberglass and resin tomorrow to seal it up for sure

i was drinking quite a bit while building the enclosure, so it needs alot of help

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.