subs cut out when brakes are applied

How is the ground? Tight and short? Not flimsy or wiggling under braking?

RCA terminals on the amp solid? Not broken soldier of loose in any way? RCAs run on opposite side of power wire or sheilded from any factory wiring harnesses in the vehicle?

Sounds like something is barely making contact or an interference problem. Where is your amp mounted? Any unnecessary tension in power, remote, ground, RCAs of speaker wire? Check all crimped ends.

Hope this helps ya narrow something down.

everything is solid.. the only thing is the grounds.. i couldnt find a good place to drill for grounds because i have an 88' camaro and the only place to mount the amps is on a metal hump a few inches above the gas tank. so the grounds are both sort of long. would it be bad to run the grounds back to the battery? is that too long? and what side would i run it on, the one with the power?

Could be teetering on the edge of low voltage. I know my engine RPMs drop and i lose about 1.5 volts when i apply the brakes. You could be around 12v when you apply the brakes and its throwing it below 11 and putting it in protect. Try applying the brakes with less volume and see if they cut off

I would shoot for either the bad ground scenario or the low voltage scenario. what is your voltage at idle(at the amp)?

I am assuming this is an automatic, so take this number while in gear and on the brakes.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.