Subwoofer specs (volume)

cool9
10+ year member

France
I have RF 10" (bought it used). The specs don't say anything about the physical volume of the subwoofer. They show a sealed enclosure 15x14x10 and they say the enclosed volume is 0.75 cubic ft. Specs say the "Speaker displacement"=0.038 cubic ft. (I assume this is the air displaced.) How do I find the speaker displacement? I got the specs from the RF website.

I have RF 10" (bought it used). The specs don't say anything about the physical volume of the subwoofer. They show a sealed enclosure 15x14x10 and they say the enclosed volume is 0.75 cubic ft. Specs say the "Speaker displacement"=0.038 cubic ft. (I assume this is the air displaced.) How do I find the speaker displacement? I got the specs from the RF website.
It's right there.

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif You just answered your own question

It's right there.
Indeed.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Bunch of jackoffs in this place.

15x14x10 enclosure is 1.22 cubic ft. How'd they get 0.75 cubic ft? Subtract so-called "speaker displacement" (0.038) from that and you get 1.18.

There's no way the physical speaker displacement is 0.038 cubic ft. The magnet diameter= 5.312 and the depth is 5.250. So the physical speaker displacement is at least 0.067 cubic ft.

0.038 cubic ft is about the volume of a 3.5" stack of CDs.

Tell me this: What's the change rate of velocity equal to with respect to time? The change rate of power equal to with respect to time? What is the acceleration of gravity in ft/second[squared]? The equation for tensile stress in a bolt? The equation for shear stress in the threads of a bolt? What's the derivative of (x+y)[squared]? What's the limit of (X/1) as X approaches -infinity?

Did you subtract the width of the wood? I actually came up with .7920781

13.5x12.5x8.5/1728-.038=.7920781

Possible that RF just estimated for the ease of the consumer. IDK

15x14x10 enclosure is 1.22 cubic ft. How'd they get 0.75 cubic ft? Subtract so-called "speaker displacement" (0.038) from that and you get 1.18.

There's no way the physical speaker displacement is 0.038 cubic ft. The magnet diameter= 5.312 and the depth is 5.250. So the physical speaker displacement is at least 0.067 cubic ft.

Tell me this: What's the change rate of velocity equal to with respect to time? The change rate of power equal to with respect to time? What is the acceleration of gravity in ft/second[squared]? The equation for tensile stress in a bolt? The equation for shear stress in the threads of a bolt? What's the derivative of (x+y)[squared]? What's the limit of (X/1) as X approaches -infinity?
Lol, Don't go blabbing off calling us jackasses.

You have to subtract the thickness of the wood. Now whos the jackoff

3/4 MDF is probably used.

1.5" off each dimension.

15x14x10 = 13.5x12.5x8.5 = 1434.375 ^3 inches. / 1728 = .83 - .038 = .79

RF said .75 for rounding and make the installation easier.

if you are so smart, maybe you should learn the definition of displacement, a word obviously overlooked in your extensive studies. and on top of that, your post says the speaker displacement is .038. how do i find the speaker displacement? you must have skipped english with your packed schedule of statics, physics, and calc. dumbass

1) You didn't account for wood thickness.

2) The magnet is not 5.3 inches tall and there is air between the cone and the magnet as well as air up into the surround as well as air inside the motor structure. Please calculate in all of this please. You could just submerge the sub in water and get it's total volume.

Onto your attempt to make yourself feel better because you can't read and comprehend:

1) Acceleration

2) Acceleration

3) Well this one gets complicated because you were not specific. If you are looking for the basic high school physics answer, it's either -9.81m/s*s or -32.1ft/s*s. BUT, you didn't ask for Earth's gravity so this answer is not correct. You also did not specify how far away we are from the surface. The general equation for the acceleration of gravity of an object is equal to GM/r^2 where G = 6.67x10^-11 Nm^2/kg^2

4) Couldn't tell you and I don't care but I could find it on google with ease.

5) Couldn't tell you and I don't care but I could find it on google with ease.

6) Do you want me to take the partial derivatives or just with respect to x? Maybe respect to y? I could do it all.

7) -infinity (misread your question; thought you put 1/x)

Throwing out random Calc 1 and Physics 1 problems to make yourself feel better is really sad. You do realize that you're not special for taking those classes right? You do realize that you're no smarter from sitting through your Calc 1 class than somebody who dropped out of high school and went to work in a trade right? Your knowledge does not impress anybody and you trying to flaunt your basic math knowledge just makes you look like a tool.

Cool9: Unlike specs like Xmax, BL, Efficiency - Rockford Fosgate has absolutely nothing to gain in the way of hype or sales by exaggerating the speaker's displacement one way or the other. I recommend taking the said displacement for what it is and desiging a box without the help of their Web Site.

Hell, If you wanted the exact displacment of the woofer, you could fill a 5 gallon paint can with water and submerge your sub in it up to the bottom lip of the mounting ring. Collect the water that has been *displaced* by the woofer and measure.

Once you're done, run outside and hook it up as fast as possible. Got to get it moving again to dry it off!

Hell, If you wanted the exact displacment of the woofer, you could fill a 5 gallon paint can with water and submerge your sub in it up to the bottom lip of the mounting ring. Collect the water that has been *displaced* by the woofer and measure.
Once you're done, run outside and hook it up as fast as possible. Got to get it moving again to dry it off!
LOL

You could just use plastic as a barrier between the motor and the water. It would make the measurement less exact, however. Maybe your way is better, Ultimate. =p

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.