Subwoofer specs (volume)

You could just use plastic as a barrier between the motor and the water. It would make the measurement less exact, however. Maybe your way is better, Ultimate. =p
you could, however that's still not exact. You're losing a lot of the airspace inside the motor and underneath the cone.

BTW no one do what i suggested. water + sub + electricity = no.

No, I'm not sad. What's sad is that people would rather use a forum to insult others instead of beng constructive.

From what I read you subtract air displacement. Physical speaker displacement can't be 0.038. 0.038 is like the volume of a 3.5" stack of CDs.

Hey, I challenged you more than you challenged me. Go fuk yourself.

No, I'm not sad. What's sad is that people would rather use a forum to insult others instead of beng constructive. Hey, I challenged you more than you challenged me. Go fuk yourself.
ok

I tried to help.....Oh well cant please everyone I guess.

No, I'm not sad. What's sad is that people would rather use a forum to insult others instead of beng constructive.
From what I read you subtract air displacement. Physical speaker displacement can't be 0.038. 0.038 is like the volume of a 3.5" stack of CDs.

For a smaller woofer, the collective motor and thickness of the basket doesn't measure up to more than a 3.5" stack of CDs a lot of the time. It looks larger, but the raw displacement of a motor and basket can be very decieving once you realize there's a pole vent, open space between the spider and motor, only the thickness of material for the basket to add, and how little of the cone is really in the enclosure.

Technically, the volume of air held in by the surround being a good 1/2" to 1" outside of the end of the enclosure and the empty space around the woofer where the material was cut away would also count to lower the displacement.

EDIT: I did the math, a 10" woofer with a surround 1/2" wide and 1/2" high drops about 0.006782497237438433129 CF from the displacement of the woofer. Add that to 0.038 and you get right around 0.045CF of displacement. That's more than my (very nicely motored) Aura 10s.

Every sub I have own smaller than a 12" displaces less than 0.05 cf; and I just finished using Google, Acoustic Visions, an Aura manual, and RF's Web Site to double check. Perhaps you need to rethink your logic in all this before you start attacking more experienced members of the forum.

Speaker Displacement is just that,the actual volume of sub that will be in the box.

To find how much air a subwoofer will displace (how much air it will move) use this formula:

Sd * Xmax = Air displaced by a subwoofer.

Example:

1 Alpine SWR-1242D

Sd = 480cm^2 converted to in^2 = 74.40in^2

Xmax = 18.1mm

74.40 * 18.1 = .779ft^3 air displaced.

Until you learn more about this stuff, I'd refrain from *****ing at us. So far you have gotten nothing but right answers, and you have given nothing but wrong answers.

TIME TO READ UP!

Sorry, I'm not big into flaunting my education. I would rather just use the ideas and concepts when I need them and not try to make myself appear more educated than somebody else. Some guys I have worked with don't have near the education that I have and yet are much more intelligent than I am and have made some awesome contributions in their work. Grow up... oh and learn to read and comprehend while you're at it.

Sorry, I'm not big into flaunting my education. I would rather just use the ideas and concepts when I need them and not try to make myself appear more educated than somebody else. Some guys I have worked with don't have near the education that I have and yet are much more intelligent than I am and have made some awesome contributions in their work. Grow up... oh and learn to read and comprehend while you're at it.
I agree. Sometimes it doesn't matter the level of education someone has. Some people can take a formula on paper and apply it to a situation instantly, while someone of the same education may take a much longer time to work it out.

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif only noobs calculate air volume so exactly in a consorted effort to worry about it //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif only noobs calculate air volume so exactly in a consorted effort to worry about it //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif
It's our debate and we'll argue it through til the end, thank you. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.