Subwoofers not working correctly

Participant count
  • Participant list

13vezinag

I have 2x Pheonix Gold 12in subs in a closed enclosure. I also have a capacitor. And the amps are a 5000 watt Orion zstreet and a 1000watt 4 channel amp(don't remember what brand). I also have a JVC aftermarket head unit.

My question is my subs will not hit at all. And the amps have power and the capacitor turns on.

Yes I have checked wiring on the amps. And its turned on on the head unit. At least I think it is.

Are your subs moving at all? Could be wired out of phase. If not, then the HU settings, might need to activate the sub on.

I'd get rid of that cap and do the big 3...which is the 3 main charging wires under the hood.

Yea the subs don't move at all.

They worked the other day and were very good and loud. The cap is new. I know nothing about car audio. I just bought this car the other day and the guy said it was professionally installed so he didn't want to take it out.

It is turn on on the head unit. I know its not the fuse next to battery either. battery is brand new also and so is alternator has a higher alternator in it.

Well im having a guy look at it tomorrow. But im thinking the wires are disconnected cause. It was was working the other day and now its not so maybe it came undone.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.