System Design Help - BEGINNER

Ah, gotcha. So regarding the amp, if I get the components for the front and then just some regular speakers for the rear (Any suggestions?) what kind of amp would I need? I'm kind of confused about how to set up (wiring) the component speaker setup.

Ah, gotcha. So regarding the amp, if I get the components for the front and then just some regular speakers for the rear (Any suggestions?) what kind of amp would I need? I'm kind of confused about how to set up (wiring) the component speaker setup.

Well I really am wanting more of a dynamic listening experience and the rear speakers will help with that significantly. Now to find a good head unit and sub...

Well I really am wanting more of a dynamic listening experience and the rear speakers will help with that significantly. Now to find a good head unit and sub...
dude, stop. we all have had experience and you asked for our help. you do not need rear fill. get a GOOD comp kit for the front, buy this Alpine - 50W x 4-Channel SiriusXM Satellite Radio / Apple® iPod®-Ready In-Dash CD Deck - CDE-124SXM and this and an alpine type r from best buy, you will be stoked. buy a comp kit off here and a good 2 or 4 channel off here too

dude, stop. we all have had experience and you asked for our help. you do not need rear fill. get a GOOD comp kit for the front, buy this Alpine - 50W x 4-Channel SiriusXM Satellite Radio / Apple® iPod®-Ready In-Dash CD Deck - CDE-124SXM and this and an alpine type r from best buy, you will be stoked. buy a comp kit off here and a good 2 or 4 channel off here too

What is a good 4 channel amp? Would you recommend a 5 channel amp and run the sub through it, or a 4 channel and then a mono? Can you recommend a good sub for clarity?

That's what I'm looking for. Why the entry level rear speakers? I've done nice speakers in the front and cheaper in the back in a Jeep I used to have and ended up fading like 75% of the audio to the front speakers because the rears sounded terrible. And you recommended a 4 channel amp. Do I not need at least a 5 channel since that would be 4 speakers and a sub? Also, why not tweeters?
ALSO - Something was said about a quality interior. What do you mean by this? #ignorance, haha
I generally recommend spending 75% of your speaker budget on the front speakers because of where you sit. Do you go to concerts and turn around??? No, is the most common answer to that. The rear speakers are used for rear fill and thats it. If you did 50/50 on the money you might be losing some quality where it will be noticed the most(front seat). I recommend using the same brand for both sets of speakers because different companies design there product differently. Product A might sound great on the vocals and highs, but Product B might sound great on the vocals, but the highs are raspy. Go to your local shop and listen to some speakers. Take a CD/ IPOD and listen to a song you know real well. Hear the differences in the speakers comanies and pick the ones that sound good to you. Everyone has a differnt ear and what sounds good to you may sound horrible to me and what sounds great to me may sound horrible to you. Same thing on the subwoofers, but it is not as critical. Something like a JL 10w1 or a Alpine type S would work great for you in a sealed box. Most newer radios that have the features that you wanted have a High Pass Filter (HPF) built into them and that will control the quality of the rear speakers. I recommended the 4 channel based on the amount of money that you wanted to spend and the fact that most 4 channel amps of any quality have adjustable High Pass Filter's and Low Pass Filters to run the system. If it is in your budget to get a 5 channel then def get one. I know you didn't mention this in your initail post, but when you shop for wiring make sure that you DO NOT BUY CCA or Copper Clad Aluminum power wire. It is cheap becuase it is junk. You could starve your amp of power using that wire. Over a givin length it can be up to 40% less efficient than true copper wire. It is about $20-25 more for a nice copper amp kit. Hope this helps!

Thanks for that info, BASS. I'm partially a live-sound engineer so I definitely understand about different preferences! I will go check out some different stuff.

Super, no, but I would like to hear the same volume/quality when I or my passenger turn our head.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.