system help

Ok both amps turn off right? What do both amps share? (Ground, power, remote wire?) Look into those if both turn off. If you have power lights on the amps make sure that the amps themselves are off and not in protection as well. Should be pretty easy to track down. If you need to get some long wire and start bypassing what you already have and go straight to the battery for the ground and positive.

the only thing that is dead is the remote turn on. the power input metered to the ground on both amps gives me 14ish volts so its not that. when i get behind the head unit and meter the turn on wire before its soldered and i dont get any power there. but if i try to switch to the internal amp for the head unit and bypass the externial amps the speakers still dont work

The remote lead on ur deck puts about 500Ma-1amp of power, and 12 volts. Anything less and the amps won't turn on. Otherwise just to be sure, you never know, are any of the wires pinched by the seat's floor brackets if you ran it under the carpet?

im only measuring .02 volts at the back of the head unit. but no wires are pinched and i read about .02 volts at the other end of my turn on
Ok, i don't usually do this..but if you have problems...splice into the RED wire on the back of the HU. It's the turn on from the ignition of the car that turns the HU on!!!!

NG

If you car is going to be going through alot of rough terrian (like mine does), then here is what I would do.

1. BUy tons of tie wrap (zip ties) from either radio shack or a hardware store.

2. Buy a 12 gauge REM cable (those 22 gauge one just seem to break now and then).

3. Rewire the REM cable to a relay. Your head unit probbably can't supply enough power for your amps. If you need more info on relays do a google search or goto http://www.bcae1.com.

4. Tie wrap EVERYTHING.

5. Mount all your amps properly. crutchfieldadvisor.com has info on that.

6. Recheck all the grounds. The seat belt harness is a prett good place, provided that you scrape off the paint from the chassis.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.