TFT Monitor - how do you connect it?

Participant count
  • Participant list
I recently bought a truck which came with a back up camera and monitor. Both were attached but wiring was not connected. I can't figure out how to connect the monitor. There is only one cable coming out of it. Is this cable some how supposed to be used for power and video in? Do I need some kind of adapter to power it through the cigarette lighter?

I have attached a picture.

Thanks!

Shawn

I recently bought a truck which came with a back up camera and monitor. Both were attached but wiring was not connected. I can't figure out how to connect the monitor. There is only one cable coming out of it. Is this cable some how supposed to be used for power and video in? Do I need some kind of adapter to power it through the cigarette lighter?
I have attached a picture.

Thanks!

Shawn
youre either missing a piece or its a bespoke monitor built specifically to fit into one device. That round cable on the end is called a DIN cable and it likely has power, ground, remote turn on and either a composite or vga input. You might have to either chop the end of that cable off and solder on connections to manually connect it to the cam or find the missing piece that it looks like it needs

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.