Thanks for help with my getting 3 12's or 4 10's kicker comps

Participant count
  • Participant list

cchheett
10+ year member

Oregon
I am thinking of getting four 10's for kicker comps. I am also either thinking of maybe I should instead will get three 12's kicker instead. I like cost and have heard some they were good. The watts are cheap are good so i can buy affordable to buy a good amp my own.

Ok my question really is what will my advances will be if i get 4 10's or what advances to getting 3 12's. thanks for any info. Sorry if my words are a sloppy because I had a stroke a month ago.

three 12s have more cone area than the 4 10s, so they will get louder.

what kind of budget do u have? i bet u could do better than those kicker subs and we can suggest better if we know your budget for subs and amp or if u already have an amp what it is.

I would make my own box "sealed". I would maybe around 400 dollar for the amp. The kickers have a buy one for free type thing now, so thats about 50 dollars each ish.

If i was to do all this it would be 600 bucks for that. and thats about what I would like to buy. Minus the wood.

If i really wanted to use some of the money at the total wold be 800 dollars for the subs and amp, but would rather not to now.

Thanks for the suggestions for my cheaper setup.

I think phoenix golds or type r's would give you more bank for your buck. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

I went to a few places today and looked around , but every speaker seamed like everyone sounded that same. Thanks for any more suggestions on if I should do 4 10's or 3 12's or to do anything else that what you guys think.

Are you wanting new only or are you willing to go used? You can usually find some great stuff over in the classifieds section that is almost new and that will allow you to get better quality in your price range.

I know the answer doesn't help much but i want a little of each. sound and loud wise. I know its gonna be cheaper so i know its not going to be the best in the world. I wanted it to be sealed because I have a couple boxes and were easy for me and wanna keep it easy. Thanks for any more info.

Tonight I will make take some info on how much room there is for my subs. with my chairs are set all the back. There is more room them i want to make them because i want some it to be a little room not just back forward all the way.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.