THE BEST TWEETERS

It depends on how big the rest of your system is. I tend to prefer soft dome tweeters. In some very big systems, I’ve heard tuned bullet tweets sound better than I thought they could. But with more normal sized systems, I tend to prefer softer dome tweets like silk dome, because it tends to be softer and not have as many harsh resonances, naturally. Some people like the brighter or harsher sounds of a metal dome tweeter.

Last edited:
My Image Dynamics HLCD (not really a tweeter) sounded pretty damn good (mini pros if IIRC). Other than some occasional rainbowing on certain songs the imaging was spot on. The (7?) drum beats track across the dash was perfect. Your ears would bleed before the IDs would sound stressed - the probably never saw more than 15wrms musical. Paired with some Focal Utopias (6w4311) home audio midbass drivers. Pretty potent front stage.

What are the best car tweeters you have ever listen to and why ?
The install and the car play such a large role. A rather ordinary set of tweeters can sound really good in a great install and and shytty install will ruin the sound of the best tweeters around. Some cars just have really shyt acoustics.

What are the best car tweeters you have ever listen to and why ?
Piezo tweeters. The really inexpensive ones. The number of people whom have been looking for just a little improvement on a budget. The smile across their face as they first hear their new "system". Since it is not a conventional tweeter, it does not mess with the impedance of the OEM speakers.
Screenshot_20230619-224318(1).png

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...