The New Mofo vs. Sdc2.5

Bass911
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Dallas,TX
Is the new mofo a complete waste of time? It looks OK on paper. The 12 is supposed to have a 3" vc, 340oz magnet, and 31.5 xmax. The old one got some good reviews. I heard the new is supposed to have better Sq. It also looks like it has more cone area due to a smaller surround.

i put two twelves of these in an older honda accord like two months ago. for being on stock alt and no extra bats it was actually quite ridiculous. and in a prefab box. i was very impressed at what they did and would be interested to see what they could do with more power and a much better box.

i put two twelves of these in an older honda accord like two months ago. for being on stock alt and no extra bats it was actually quite ridiculous. and in a prefab box. i was very impressed at what they did and would be interested to see what they could do with more power and a much better box.
How's the Sq and are they hitting the lows? What subs are you comparing them too? Are they the new model? I'm going with AQ. I was asking for someone else that refuses to use this forum. He asked me about these the other day.

its saying they have a 2.5" coil not 3"
I just found that out, but some are advertising it as a 3". I'll pass on these because I read about too many of them blowing after a while. PA must be some dummies because they think they've improved it by giving it a smaller voice coil?

I used some of the old 4" coil MOFOs years ago... and we tore them up with a Visonik V800XD on the pair. Not blowing them... but parts would come loose and rattle (the metal ribs mainly).

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.