The Official Type R Thread

argh, this is annoying.. my two 10"s sealed dB output is lacking.. havent been metered yet, but no where near even 110-120db.. and i bumped up the power to 600wrms a piece..

plan is to go ported now.. whats the recommended box size and tuned to 32 Hz.. mostly listen to rap and hip hop

I am going to be powering 2 10inch type r's w/ Cadence TXA-1000D at 1ohm's I dont know what size the Box should be though? .65 per sub good? (sealed enclosure)

I am looking for good SQL but also SPL where the kick drum you can feel it in your chest.

argh, this is annoying.. my two 10"s sealed dB output is lacking.. havent been metered yet, but no where near even 110-120db.. and i bumped up the power to 600wrms a piece..
plan is to go ported now.. whats the recommended box size and tuned to 32 Hz.. mostly listen to rap and hip hop
Bout 4 Cubes 32hz be fine and bump the power to around 2krms to the pair

hi, i'm new here, can somebody tell me total weight & box demension of swr-1242d, i'm trying to figure out shipping cost to my country, thank you in advanced //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

How will a 12" Type R do in a 1.8 cu ft ported box (tuned to 29hz) with 400 watts RMS?

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Kinda a noob to this.

anyway, i have a .65 cubicfoot sealed box, 10" type R dual 4 ohm sub, and an alpine mrp m850 amp.

it is wired at at 2 ohms.

is this safe to feed my single sub 800 watts rms when it is rated for 500watt rms? i read the type r subs can take more than what it is rated for.

ive been trying to learn but i read that the type of box along with the volume will affect how many watts a sub can be fed.

let me know what you all think. thanks

give it 1000! or more!
so yeah, yuo're A OK

Just get a bigger ported box, and you will love it so much more.

yea i considered a ported box for it. i wanted a small sealed one mainly because of space issues since i drive a hatchback but ill really consider a ported box.

thanks for the prompt replies

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.