thicker wire on starter or alt?

Participant count
  • Participant list
Clean the battery terminals and trickle charge it overnight or, if you don't have a charger, drive it or leave it running for at least two hours. Then see if the battery can make it overnight. Also, make sure there's nothing turned on or plugged into the power outlet that may be causing a constant drain on the battery when the vehicle isn't running.

And if still acts up after cleaning battery terminals and charging it properly, take it to a local auto parts store (assuming they do this in SA) and ask them to test your battery. Here in the US they will do that free of charge so I can only assume that to be the case where you are.

Because most cars are at least 8g wires now. Also the copper content is usually better than most car audio wire. Meaning better grade some are even house hold grade In other words the stock battery wires are very thick,wire itself, not flexible. So adding 4 gauge car audio wire which is extremely thinner wire , the actual wire, you need to be thicker to carry the same current This is how it's explained to me by an electrician
I would ask another electrician, or better yet, an electrical engineer.

I told my electronics lecturer....I know a thing or two about current n so forth, but I always look for opinions and ideas by others....n I chose to ask u guys because I'm sure u guys got tons of experience tht the books dnt always have to give....I think ill take the bat to campus some tym...I got my dads other vehicles battery in my car now...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.