this headunit is poo

brian84corvette
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
i would enjoy lighting it on fire

when i go buy a new one to replace it with.

please recomend me a headunit with 4v outputs to amp ( 150 or less - closer to 110 idealy )

and not super overly complicated for a 33 year old dinosuar like me to use with a bunch of crap specific to the headunit i have to learn to mess with to use it.

lol

i was totaly a fan of pioneer until i got this car with this deck in it. ( if this deck can even put out 2v from the rca in back id be suprised )

cheapest pioneer deck when it came out! look into a dehp4050ub or something like that, pretty sure that'll be the cheapest with 3 sets of preouts

Kenwood makes some good quality head units in that price range, not sure how many are 4V though.... Check the specs on HU's at Car Audio Stereo - Car Subwoofers - Car Amplifiers and Speakers Pioneer decks are a little more stripped down and outdated looking, although a little easier to use on the cheaper models. They are usually only 2V preouts, same with most Alpines, 2V. If you are using less than 12 feet of RCA's, 2V should be OK although not ideal...

Kenwood KDC-X497 (kdcx497) Single DIN In-Dash USB/CD Receiver w/

Pioneer DEH-X7500HD CD/MP3/WMA Car Stereo w/ HD Radio & iPod Support

The head unit I have in my car is this JVC KW-R900BT; Although it's a Double Din, it has "5-VOLT PREOUTS" and it has a killer sound; Really out of this world built in crossover and several other options. I'm not sure what your options are, but this is a killer stereo for the money

that double din sounds cool - but i dont think i could stuff it in my old monte with out hacking it up badly :/

pioneer dex7500 looking like a good posibility....

now the main question is what to burn the existing headunit with.... gas / lighter fluid / model car cement / propane / tiki torch fluid / moonshine / kerosene

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.