Threatcon 4 12" and 15" info

chris, there are 2 patents on these frames. specs is one patent. appearance is another. it's adorable you think you'll be ok. im not trying to be mean here, but I HIGHLY suggest you consult an actual legal professional, not your buddies friend's dogs brothers owner who met a lawyer once. thilo has very little money now a days, but he DOES have enough to put you in serious pain financially

I'm gonna go out on a huge limb here, and guess Chris doesn't have the cash to change these.

justin/jl audio/thelow/wtf ever you're going by now.. you have no idea, so I would suggest you stop spewing inaccuracies, before you get someone in trouble because they actually LISTEN to you.

Let me guess your an attorney and know all the patent laws and u personally know there isn't any loop holes. And how do u know thilo stomplers finances?

Do you know all the specs to these baskets as well?

chris, there are 2 patents on these frames. specs is one patent. appearance is another. it's adorable you think you'll be ok. im not trying to be mean here, but I HIGHLY suggest you consult an actual legal professional, not your buddies friend's dogs brothers owner who met a lawyer once. thilo has very little money now a days, but he DOES have enough to put you in serious pain financially

I'm gonna go out on a huge limb here, and guess Chris doesn't have the cash to change these.

justin/jl audio/thelow/wtf ever you're going by now.. you have no idea, so I would suggest you stop spewing inaccuracies, before you get someone in trouble because they actually LISTEN to you.

He told you they weren't the same. He's done his research man. In sure you are looking out for his best interest in this but he made it a point to choose "off the shelf" or "catalog" baskets to save money for better soft parts.

I have the money to change whatever I want too. However, I know that the basket I chose is a catalog basket. I still have the catalog! It's not the one you are thinking of. And this basket was chosen to soley to achieve the quality product I'm after and to keep it in the price range I want for all of you. So again, thank you for your concern.

-Chris

Can you post the results for the inductance of the new designs?
Chris is still getting all the specifications together with his testing he's been doing. Once all of that is complete he'll get them posted on the C2 Audio website and here. The last week has been pretty crazy for him and his local buisness so testing has been prolonged. Just stay tuned and I'll keep hasseling him to get it put up! haha

Chris is still getting all the specifications together with his testing he's been doing. Once all of that is complete he'll get them posted on the C2 Audio website and here. The last week has been pretty crazy for him and his local buisness so testing has been prolonged. Just stay tuned and I'll keep hasseling him to get it put up! haha
Is there a chance he has 4 matching 15" threatcons available for testing prefer d1's to test on my crossfire 8k

Is there a chance he has 4 matching 15" threatcons available for testing prefer d1's to test on my crossfire 8k
He currently only has the prototype threatcon 4 12". As of right now he has D4 and D2 models planned for both the 12" and 15" threatcon 4's. He is expecting production line to arrive end of May or early June. He has offered SPL versions of all his C2 Audio subs (these will be made to order by him after production arrives) for an additional charge. So he may be able to help you out with D1's

He currently only has the prototype threatcon 4 12". As of right now he has D4 and D2 models planned for both the 12" and 15" threatcon 4's. He is expecting production line to arrive end of May or early June. He has offered SPL versions of all his C2 Audio subs (these will be made to order by him after production arrives) for an additional charge. So he may be able to help you out with D1's
When I hear spl version I think much larger and stronger motor not just soft parts upgrade so if hes going to change the motor I would possibly be interested.

When I hear spl version I think much larger and stronger motor not just soft parts upgrade so if hes going to change the motor I would possibly be interested.
Cool...I haven't heard much about it except that it's going to be offered, built by Chris, and will have an additional charge.

Would like a 280+ oz plus magnet for the 4s and 320+ for the 5s when they come around. Xfl is 220 I believe and it is beefy but I think a larger motor would really help the 4" VC excel. I know the price will go up but around 300-310 is very competitive for that size and ability of this woofer

Would like a 280+ oz plus magnet for the 4s and 320+ for the 5s when they come around. Xfl is 220 I believe and it is beefy but I think a larger motor would really help the 4" VC excel. I know the price will go up but around 300-310 is very competitive for that size and ability of this woofer
No 5's. Chris is jumping by 2's so the next will be a Threatcon 6. He just got a parts quote yesterday so it's going to be a while before any pictures, prototype, solid release info comes around.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

C2 Audio

10+ year member
Senior VIP Member
C2 Audio
Youngstown, OH
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date