to hifonics nay-sayers

I'll be honest, i was a bit skeptical buying a hifonics amp. half of the people say it *****, other half says they never had any problems.

At the time i needed something that would fit my budget so i went with it. But it's a great amp!

never owned a mono amp from hifonics, but im sure they perform just as well.

I had a TXi4008 that I actually liked. I ran it at 2ohm for a while on 2 low end svc4 subs and it was not bad for what it was. I believe it was like 89$...I had a bxi1508d that was decent, but I know it wasnt doing anywhere near 1500rms. I think it may have been doing like 11-1200 or so. I paid 150 for it, and i suppose it was a "average" value. I am now using a DSC 1500, and I love it. Easily stronger then the bxi, and I just like it in general. I also have an atomic 1500d, which I have chose NOT to use instead, that should speak about this amp...I also paid 150 for this, and i think thats a "great" value

I had a TXi4008 that I actually liked. I ran it at 2ohm for a while on 2 low end svc4 subs and it was not bad for what it was. I believe it was like 89$...I had a bxi1508d that was decent, but I know it wasnt doing anywhere near 1500rms. I think it may have been doing like 11-1200 or so. I paid 150 for it, and i suppose it was a "average" value. I am now using a DSC 1500, and I love it. Easily stronger then the bxi, and I just like it in general. I also have an atomic 1500d, which I have chose NOT to use instead, that should speak about this amp...I also paid 150 for this, and i think thats a "great" value
I sold him that DSC. That there is one of 4 MBQ amps that I sold, in working condition, that are still in working condition. Maxxsonics did something right.

all the maxxonic stuff i have ran has never gave me any trouble. i haven't clamped my discus to see the rise in my new box but with a rise of 1.91 ohms from my last box, my discus did 1461 watts. that was not clipping either. i may find another one and strap them to my sa-15's.
That makes two of us.Five amps that I can remember.

last time i looked i saw at least 50 of the ap1500 for sale and all were recently repaired or broken in need of repair...
they made rated power but for how long?

reliability is everything not just price...

I would pay 100$ a watt for hifonics long before I paid 1$ a watt for the AP line...

hell, even all the amp repair guys that are on here said the same exact thing!!! they do rated but for how long.... look it up with the search button if you wish...
Ive run AP for over 2 years now with no problems..

What your not accounting for is the people who blow them up because they dont have the electrical to support it.. Ive seen PLENTY of refubred maxxsonics equipment.

The same thing with all the guys who blew up Goliaths and Maxximus'. We Watched 4 go at 1 show in Ohio. It's all about how they are being used and abused.

And yes, i've ran the older maxx amps aswell. Never had a problem with them either.

Install is everything /thread

how many ppl actually use equipment to compete?
Well it would make since if these are such dominant amps that the people living and breathing this stuff would use them but they are not. and i would say a good percentage of the people on here have entered in an spl event of some organization

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.