* Trevor's 2010 Audi A4 Trunk Build. Sundown. Fi.*

First video for the log. Nothing special...

Couple pictures of the new sub next to the Dayton 6" and my SDS deadening products. One small sheet of MLV/CCF will be enough for the two front doors with about 8"x34" extra to add in the trunk.

I9WCIl.jpg

pysSsl.jpg

g1lQWl.jpg

8xFxal.jpg

KNdaxl.jpg

zsTVEl.jpg

XI3Fcl.jpg

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/boink.gif.91933e72f927f2cefc79aff02573090c.gif

How do you think Fi subwoofers compare in performance to Sundown's subwoofers?

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/boink.gif.91933e72f927f2cefc79aff02573090c.gif
How do you think Fi subwoofers compare in performance to Sundown's subwoofers?
I cant really say because I've never used a Sundown sub. From what I've heard Fi might have better sound clarity but that's also very dependent on the box. I'm going a little more towards the SQ end though so that's why I decided on the Q. From what I've heard Sundown doesn't match a sub very well that compares to the Q. Almost ran the SA sub though but think they are more aimed towards SPL.

I cant really say because I've never used a Sundown sub. From what I've heard Fi might have better sound clarity but that's also very dependent on the box. I'm going a little more towards the SQ end though so that's why I decided on the Q. From what I've heard Sundown doesn't match a sub very well that compares to the Q. Almost ran the SA sub though but think they are more aimed towards SPL.
Nummy SPLs. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/yumyum.gif.0556df42231b304b9c995aefd13928a8.gif

Got some deadening done today. Only got one door done though and didn't take enough pics so I'll just leave you with one spoiler pic for now. When I do the other door ill make sure to take a bunch of more pictures and leave a better update. For now...

ZtfEEl.jpg

how big of a difference did you see when you did the door as far as midbass and overall sq go?
I won't know till my Dayton 6" are installed. To be honest I didn't even really play it very loud on the way to class so all I've been able to notice so far is the heaver door and more of a muffled sound when I close the door. Also with only one done it kinda throws me off. You have to be extremely patient with it and it took a lot longer than I expected... as always...

I won't know till my Dayton 6" are installed. To be honest I didn't even really play it very loud on the way to class so all I've been able to notice so far is the heaver door and more of a muffled sound when I close the door. Also with only one done it kinda throws me off. You have to be extremely patient with it and it took a lot longer than I expected... as always...
well when you get the daytons in let me know cause i want to do this to my doors as well

yeah I've been able to go sub less a lot longer when my doors are sealed, depending on the music you listen to the midbass may be plenty to last you till the box ships.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.