* Trevor's 2010 Audi A4 Trunk Build. Sundown. Fi.*

Yes the A4 does have a center. But it still takes some modification to get the Dayton 3" to squeeze in nicely.

Got quite a bit done once my speakers came in. I replaced all the dash speakers which are definitely the hardest to work on with the window being so close. Took a total of 5 hardware stops before I had everything I needed to complete the job. I replaced my center speaker with a Dayton 3" full range woofer and changed the two tweeters with the Vifa dual ring tweeters. For the tweeters I added about a foot of extra wire for if I decide to place the tweeters in the A-pillars later on. I fabricated speaker mounts out of a vinyl tile I got at home depot. The material actually worked out really well cause I had a wooden looking top for nice aesthetics while the bottom side was sticky so it wont budge at all when screwed in. For the center I had to modify the bottom under the speaker to get it to fit nicely. I also had to stack 3 layers of the vinyl tile to give it a little extra room. I made all the baffles by hand so it was tricky and took a while to get everything perfect. 60 grade sand paper helped me grind the center circle perfectly. Only got to listen to it for about 1 minute but it already blew my socks off. It sounded so much more natural and clean and im pretty sure It got even louder than the factory speakers. I have to test it out for a longer period of time and see how the factory amp responds. So far I'm very happy with the results. The Dayton 6" woofers don't come in till thursday but I wont be able to install those till I get my deadening material from SDS. Here they are //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fro.gif.c695f1f814b01c4ad99fe7f8cccadd29.gif

7WgOAl.jpg

OHcwzl.jpg

9KBGVl.jpg

e6Iecl.jpg

xyRY1l.jpg

AW99el.jpg

6L1PWl.jpg

Going to be running a sharpee over the silver screws. At the right angle and right light you can see them shine through. Easy fix though //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Thanks guys //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif. Yeah I want to upgrade my factory amp with a ms-8 and a sundown 125.4 when it comes out but I cant get those for at least 4 months. Got a bunch of stuff I want to get before. Ill have to keep the factory amp the whole time though because it needs to give the steering wheel and other functions to the head unit. The Daytons/Vifas are already sounding louder and more clear (no more blown tweeter) so its good enough for me for a while :p

Ran into a reallllllly noob issue yesterday and didn't get it figured out till late. Promise I'll update later today with a sample video and pictures. Not a big update just got those 2 shipments in and show u guys the sub moving a little bit.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.