Trying to find em 4 BIG 3

I have a '91 Expo Sport. Here are pics of my setup.

Here's the + connection on the back of the alt.

100_0629.jpg

I grounded to the mounting bolt on the side.

100_0628.jpg

Everything goes straight to the battery.

100_0627.jpg

Here is where i ended up putting my 2nd alt ground guy's for the BIG 3.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif. thanks to everyone that helped me in this thread:).

IMG_2513.jpg

so what u guy's think is that a good ground where i put it? the bolt is going right to the block of the engine so i thought that is was. but just want to to double check with u guys:D.

I think all Fords are like this (no Negative from alt).

I have a question, though... for the positive, mine goes through the engine compartment fuse box. I just go straight from pos to pos on batt, right? [This is for my Mustang]

Derrick im actually going to turn it 2morro probably mount it the way your talkn bout cause now that i look at it . ID just go pos. on battery put a fuse in middle of wire with holder of course lol then to pos on the alt.

What is an ALT NEG? The Big three is Alt to BAT, BAT to CHASSIS, and CHASSIS to ENGINE.
An alternator's case is its ground. The alt is grounded from the case, through it's bracket, to the engine block.

I always liked learning from pictures. This is a super basic drawing of what I think the big 3 should look like.

where the alt neg(-) is a bolt connecting the alternator to the engine block and the rest are self explanatory. Let me know if this makes sense or if i'm completely drawing out of my ass.

thebigthreediagram.jpg

I always liked learning from pictures. This is a super basic drawing of what I think the big 3 should look like.
where the alt neg(-) is a bolt connecting the alternator to the engine block and the rest are self explanatory. Let me know if this makes sense or if i'm completely drawing out of my ass.

thebigthreediagram.jpg
I think that works,

But I believe the correct version is:

ALT + To Batt. +

Batt - to Chassis

Engine To Chassis (The logic in this, I suppose, is that the altenator is grounded VIA being screwed into the block, and thus completes the ground loop by attaching to the chassis)

An alternator's case is its ground. The alt is grounded from the case, through it's bracket, to the engine block.
I know that. But people are just throwing lingo into a very easy concept...lol

I didn't want people to get confused over it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.