Tweeter wiring location (suggestions, pics included)

Participant count
  • Participant list

shadypac

Ok so I will be recieving my comps shortly and was wondering if anyone has an input on where to mount the tweets. This is the car its going in, 2006 ford focus. Now the tube which the wires runs between the doors and the rest of the car has the wire spliced into some wierd proprietary connection, and as far as i can see it would take some wiring that im not comfortable doing or some drilling which im trying to avoid. So within the door area would be best, so that leaves 2 spots without wiring outside the doors.

Please give me some input if anyone has any, as I should be recieving these today or tomarrow at the latest. Also I heard many people say just do trial and error with things like this as, imaging and SQ is different between different cars and location etc...

56vs1.jpg

And be prepared to be driving around for a few days with tweeters taped to your doors, dash, pillars, etc. Not only do you want to try every possible location, you'll also want to try aiming them slightly differently from each possible location. AND try them in-phase, out-of-phase, attenuated, etc, etc.

Have fun!

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/iagree.gif.15d6c075ee8d3913ba26866d06993068.gif

it gets really fun if you have crossovers with numerous adjustments. An objective to shoot for is to have the woofer and tweeter pair the same distance away from your head. However the location you're suggestion won't have much bearing on this.

Just guessing, i think you'll have the best luck with the top right section and if you have angled tweeter mounts it will help with imaging.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.