TWO 10's… Which one do I buy? SA, HDC3, DC, SSA, DD...

Which subs

• AQ HDC3

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Sundown SA

Votes: 6 33.3%
  • DC lvl 3

Votes: 4 22.2%
  • SSA Icon

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • SSA Dcon

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • FI BL

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • FI SSD

Votes: 1 5.6%

• Total voters
I'd say the DC's or the SA's should be your choice. Honestly probably the SA's, DC's might need a bit more power to get moving as good as the SA's on the power you have. What amp did you say you have? Like I said, my Level 3's are off a 2.0k every day, and they have never once gotten stinky.

I would still say the Dayton HO...so much less hassle trying to fit the enclosure needed by those in your truck.

But of your options, looks like the SA is in the lead...

Yea, I am a big fan of DD I have been running their 15's for years. But now I am limited on space and the 15's are out (and for sale if anyone is interested). I am reading up on the 1510 and 2510 and might have to look at those a little harder as a option. Is it worth the extra $70-150 per sub??? I don't know. If the SA or DC lvl3 can put out as much as the DD for so much less $ i think its worth it.

I'd say the DC's or the SA's should be your choice. Honestly probably the SA's, DC's might need a bit more power to get moving as good as the SA's on the power you have. What amp did you say you have? Like I said, my Level 3's are off a 2.0k every day, and they have never once gotten stinky.
I'm running a Hlabs 1600.2 but might have to get something else like a aq2200 or a saz2500d…. My amp is a 2 ohm model and I don't know if I can run it at 1 ohm. If i get a new amp I will be running it at 1 ohm so the subs I buy have to correlate with the DVC I choose.

Ugghhh, I keep going back and forth between the DC, SA, and the Fi. I like the fact that DC and FI are made in the USA, but I also know the rep the SA's have gotten over the years.

I'm running a Hlabs 1600.2 but might have to get something else like a aq2200 or a saz2500d…. My amp is a 2 ohm model and I don't know if I can run it at 1 ohm. If i get a new amp I will be running it at 1 ohm so the subs I buy have to correlate with the DVC I choose.
Is the amp you have 2 channel @ 2 ohm? If so you could get 4 or 1 ohm DVC so you could run 2 ohm on each channel now, and then wire down to 1 ohm when you get a mono amp. But if you plan on running more than 1k to each the SA's might not be the best choice, especially if you plan on getting a SAZ2500.

Yea, I am a big fan of DD I have been running their 15's for years. But now I am limited on space and the 15's are out (and for sale if anyone is interested). I am reading up on the 1510 and 2510 and might have to look at those a little harder as a option. Is it worth the extra $70-150 per sub??? I don't know. If the SA or DC lvl3 can put out as much as the DD for so much less $ i think its worth it.
I would say yes. 95% of this forum has either never owned or never heard a DD so their opinion will be biased. DD makes the loudest subs in the world. There is a reason they carry a premium over a majority of the other offerings out there. They are well made, well engineered and handle heavy abuse well. Someone did a build of 4 DD 512s (lowest model they make, about 500rms) and they did well over 150db on 2 DDm3's, (5-6krms easy)

I would say yes. 95% of this forum has either never owned or never heard a DD so their opinion will be biased. DD makes the loudest subs in the world. There is a reason they carry a premium over a majority of the other offerings out there. They are well made, well engineered and handle heavy abuse well. Someone did a build of 4 DD 512s (lowest model they make, about 500rms) and they did well over 150db on 2 DDm3's, (5-6krms easy)
If I can find a pair or 2510's or 1510's I will swoop them up and just stick to bumping DD. Still up in the air though

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

sbarber82

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Elite
sbarber82
Vegas baby
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies