TYpe R's still warm

Okk.... So i put the CD in set my eq's to 0 and all that stuff and put the volume at 40/60 or 3/4's and my gain was off and its saying im getting like 89 volts? so i unplugged my gain remote and right when i did that the DMM read 1 . that it was to high for it to read... so it reads 198.4 when my volume is at 35/60 is the DMM ****ed or is my amp donezel washington?

Supposed to get warm you goose! When ever I pushed my type Rs too hard you will smell them. I beat on my 15 on 1k of power for over 2 yrs...Abusing it COUNTLESS times. They are tanks. Should have left your settings the way they were. On my Alpine amp, I always had to use some boost to get the low playing level output correct.

89 volts!!!????!!! Thats wayyyyyyyy to high. When you do your tuning make your remote knob 100% on. How is your amp not making a humming noise?

warm? Completely normal lol. Electric current creates heat! My sub amp can generate enough heat that it will burn your hand at its hottest temp. Depending on power being used and the subs ability to cool and other variables, most cones should get a little bit warm. All of which are normal! If you are smelling stuff or your amp is shutting down because of thermal temp...then that is a different story. During summer temps, I have to beware of playing my stuff at full tilt.

89 volts!!!????!!! Thats wayyyyyyyy to high. When you do your tuning make your remote knob 100% on. How is your amp not making a humming noise?
lawls i had it on the wrong setting on the DMM so disregard that last post... But someone is telling me i need to set my gains at around 30 volts and he said my amp only puts out around 900 rms so he sent me a calculator and even that said i need 60 volts? is there a part of the equation im missing here??

lawls i had it on the wrong setting on the DMM so disregard that last post... But someone is telling me i need to set my gains at around 30 volts and he said my amp only puts out around 900 rms so he sent me a calculator and even that said i need 60 volts? is there a part of the equation im missing here??
You are totally disregarding the ohms when you are looking at that chart. You would need 60 volts if you were running 4 ohms but that amp isn't going to make 900w at 4 ohms.

Setting gains with DMM = waste of time.

Set everything to level, and turn gain on amp all the way down. Cue up that 50 cycle tone, put volume knob on cd player to 95% of full volume, then slowly adjust amp gain up until you hear distortion = done.

The big 3 isn't going to fix your problem.

People power them with over 3x rated power so the 500w rating is probably just there for warantee reasons.

Setting gains with DMM = waste of time.Set everything to level, and turn gain on amp all the way down. Cue up that 50 cycle tone, put volume knob on cd player to 95% of full volume, then slowly adjust amp gain up until you hear distortion = done.
Do i keep my subwoofers plugged in?? so i set the Treble and Bass and the EQ on 0 on the HU then pop the CD in and fuck with the gains untill i hear distortion??

Am I missing something these subs are only rated at 500w rms and your putting 600. Why would you go over the rate amount of power?
And Type R's can wandle more than the rated amount of power, and im sure many of people on here can back that up.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.