uhg got a misdemeanor for my system

Definition of hearsay:
Evidence based on the reports of others rather than the personal knowledge of a witness and therefore generally not admissible as testimony.

Just because cops do it doesn't mean it's okay.
It's the cops job to take statements from witneses. That is not hearsay, that's a direct witness. Confirmend by the cop seeing big subs in the car and OP's self incriminating statements = More than enough to issue a citation and convict.

If the rentacop said someone told him they heard bumping, that's hearsay. If the rentacop said to the cop " I heard him bumping" that's a witness statement, not hearsay.

well im not to worried about my probation officer settin me on a violation. i was supposed to be on random drug and alcohol testing when i was first on probation even though the crime had nothing to do with either. he took me off on the first day.

This is my first time being pulled over or getting any kind of ticket.

I am taking it seriously. basically im going to show up to court and just tell them I didnt think any of what i was doing through all the way and apologize. hopefully i just get stuck with a fine at the most and pay it and be along my way

just addmit it appologize and tell them you werelooking for spot to tune your set up without annoying people. Its how I'v gotten out of it.

Seriously, judges love to hear that your volunteering in your community. It makes it sound like your doing something positive rather than being like every other looser infront of him that is just a negative in the community. Volunteer for a few hours somewhere, like working the desk at the community center. Your probation officer will like it too.

Could be helping to coach a little league team.

Working at your communtiy theater.

Helping with some civic group or city council committee.

etc

I had something similar happen over the weekend and admited it to the cop. I then asked if I was getting a ticket he said I didn't hear it and he went on about a setup he had in high school then I said it was probably the guy that came out cussin that called and he wanted to go sight him for verbal harassment. Man you got to love old bass head cops

This all comes down to what you said to the cop when he pulled you! Remember what you said? He has no physical evidence against you, just what you said when he spoked to you and the testimony of the renta cop. I hope you said nothing. Did he check your car for subwoofers or extraordinary loud system? If the renta cop does not show up to court and you didn't say anything to incriminate yourself, then accept a cout appointe attorney and plea not guilty. If infact the cop has a sworn testimony of the renta cop then you may have to plea no contest or guilty with an explaination. Even with that, I'm sure you will only have to pay a fine and will, more than likely, be just "disturbing the peace". What state are you in, sounds like Virginia, good luck!

electric-chair.jpg

don't worry, they'll take care of you //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

kingisback08

10+ year member
kingisback08
buttfudging,nowhere
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from