Unheard of technology- a must see

spirey

http://www.blaupunkt.com/us/7607792132_main.asp

Blaupunkt has come out with amps and adapters that "Plug n' Play". This meaning that you can take out your head unit, install an adapter between the wiring harness and the unit and poof!! Amplified music. No power wire, no ground or remote wire, and even no speaker wires. The power signal is run through your factory speaker wire to your speakers. For us new car owners this is ingenious because it leaves no mess.

The above link goes to one I am looking to buy. 55x4rms +1x200rms. Any of you guys seen or used these? It's still somewhat of a mystery to me but I am about to take the plunge and try it out.

My only concern was sending more power than what was intended through the factory wiring. Maybe too much for it? Your thoughts?

http://www.blaupunkt.com/us/7607792132_main.asp
Blaupunkt has come out with amps and adapters that "Plug n' Play". This meaning that you can take out your head unit, install an adapter between the wiring harness and the unit and poof!! Amplified music. No power wire, no ground or remote wire, and even no speaker wires. The power signal is run through your factory speaker wire to your speakers. For us new car owners this is ingenious because it leaves no mess.

The above link goes to one I am looking to buy. 55x4rms +1x200rms. Any of you guys seen or used these? It's still somewhat of a mystery to me but I am about to take the plunge and try it out.

My only concern was sending more power than what was intended through the factory wiring. Maybe too much for it? Your thoughts?
yeah i mean its pretty much just like all the amplified bose systems and monsoon systems that come stock in cars. not really unheard of technology. just not alot of power. now if the amp put out 1000rms safely then i think people would find it amazing.

They do offer different models that do punch way more power. I was just looking at this model to power the whole system simply with an added woofer. What baffles me, and again I may be confused as the descriptions/details are unclear but even the high powered models dont need a power or ground wire. How does that much power run from the stock wiring harness to power the amp??? Mind boggling.

http://www.blaupunkt.com/us/amplifiers_110.asp

They do offer different models that do punch way more power. I was just looking at this model to power the whole system simply with an added woofer. What baffles me, and again I may be confused as the descriptions/details are unclear but even the high powered models dont need a power or ground wire. How does that much power run from the stock wiring harness to power the amp??? Mind boggling.
There is an "*" next to where it says no power wire... but I can't find the footnote on their site.

Yea yea n00b install. I am no guru but far from a n00b. As I said before... keeping it new. I just bought a Nissan 350Z in the states and had it shipped to Europe. In Europe the same model car starts at twice what I payed for it. Warranty carries over at 6 months ownership. Few more months and I'm in the money buying a better, newer one with a killer install.

"Good things come to those who wait."

...but even the high powered models dont need a power or ground wire. How does that much power run from the stock wiring harness to power the amp??? Mind boggling.
It doesn't.

Dimensions (w x h x d) 355 x 41 x 159 mm Including plug with screw connections for supply voltage and loudspeaker connection and cable remote control for bass level
removable speaker output and power input connectors included (10--gauge power and ground leads recommended — wiring and hardware not included with amplifier)
Maybe not quite so plug and play.

But definitely better than wiring the whole thing.

Running power and ground is relatively easy, even for a noob.

~Magick_Man~

Yeah.

"install almost anywhere – including tight spaces behind the dash or under the front seats"

@ 13" long, I don't know whose dash is going to have enough extra space to fit something almost the size of a laptop.

Read all the fine print and it's just a small amplifier that comes with a plug and play harness.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.