Upgrading door speakers in 01 Dakota 4-door

Jasonb61
10+ year member

It's time to upgrade the door speakers in my 01 Dakota. They currently use 6.5" speakers but I can go with a different size. I've heard a lot of good things about Focal Utopia and was thinking on going with them unless someone has a better suggestion.

I am planning on possibly powering them with the stock amp unless it will cause damage to the speakers. I honestly don't know what the amp is rated at but could probably find out easily. Will I be happy with these? I've read a lot of good reviews so I'm convinced I will. I am looking for quality and loudness but with quality being my number 1 concern.

Will I be okay powering this with my stock amp? I'm not exactly sure what my amp is rated at though, to be honest. I can find out though.

Also, are the tweeters detachable? My stock tweeter location is higher up on the door panel or would I be better off leaving the tweets as is?

The tweet is separate on a component set, its probably fine where it is in the stock location, and you do NOT want to power a nice set of components like the Utopias with a stock amp (unless its just a badass stock amp).

HAd a set of Eclipse SC 8362 components with woofers in the doors and tweeters in the sail panels. It probably wasn't even an ideal install and they sounded REALLY good.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.