Upgrading RCA'S

none.

i used to run monster rca's that were very expensive. i got them a long ass time ago because the shop used its marketing ******** on me and it worked. this was probably a good 5 years back.

i now run $7.99 5m rca's from knukonceptz...

build quality is BETTER. performance is EXACTLY the same....

PLEASE do not let your friend believe the marketing ********.

none.
i used to run monster rca's that were very expensive. i got them a long ass time ago because the shop used its marketing ******** on me and it worked. this was probably a good 5 years back.

i now run $7.99 5m rca's from knukonceptz...

build quality is BETTER. performance is EXACTLY the same....

PLEASE do not let your friend believe the marketing ********.
Are you talking about monsters in the same price category as what you paid for the knu cables??

On a side note: While I agree different cables may not sound BETTER than others I will say that different cables sound just that DIFFERENT. I fell for the marketing hype in the past myself. But mostly in home audio cables. I had mid level 15 foot monster for the car and it was faulty so they sent me a brand new XLR series cable which was a twisted pair instead of side by side. I must say they sounded better than the crappy ones I had in my car before that. A lot less noise which gave me better S/N ratio.

A friend of mine it looking into upgrading to monster wires for his 4 channel and sub amp. Looking at spending nearly 150.00 for nearly top grade monster. How much of a difference will it make if any in his system?
Is there any way he can audition the cables?? That would be the best way to tell.

Are you talking about monsters in the same price category as what you paid for the knu cables??

On a side note: While I agree different cables may not sound BETTER than others I will say that different cables sound just that DIFFERENT. I fell for the marketing hype in the past myself. But mostly in home audio cables. I had mid level 15 foot monster for the car and it was faulty so they sent me a brand new XLR series cable which was a twisted pair instead of side by side. I must say they sounded better than the crappy ones I had in my car before that. A lot less noise which gave me better S/N ratio.
that's the only purpose to switch to higher quality cables, if your not having any noise issues, switching from a 10$ cable to a 200$ cable isn't gonna get you more DBs or anything.

So unless your friend is having some noise related problems, tell him to keep his money and buy better stuff.

that's the only purpose to switch to higher quality cables, if your not having any noise issues, switching from a 10$ cable to a 200$ cable isn't gonna get you more DBs or anything.
So unless your friend is having some noise related problems, tell him to keep his money and buy better stuff.
Agreed. It could be the equipment.

nope. my monsters were around $40 IIRC. might of been cheaper somewhere else, but you know how local stereo shops charge (and being a noob at the time didnt help)

i was actually skeptical of the knus since lots of times you get what you pay for (and im usually a big advocate of this). in this case, my $8 knu's were better (build wise, sound was the same) than my monsters.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.