usb vs minni jack for i pod

Participant count
  • Participant list
according to pioneer.(so only applies to pioneer)

when used thru a usb cable the ipod decodes the audio and protection and then sends a PCM data stream to the head unit and then headunit decodes it as if it was an audio cd.

so even if you dont hear the difference the sound is better quality.

also when you use the headphone jack, the sound goes thru the ipod sound processeor which is designed mostly for headphones. so you get that really funky sound that hurts your ears.

thres a reason why a digital connection exists: it transfers data without losses and interference compared to analog.

and the usb also charges your ipod , shuts it down and sends the song info to the head unit

oh but to answer your question lol

it depends on how trained are your ears, how good is the recordings on ur ipod and the quality of your stereo system.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.