vocals really low

jtomsic
5,000+ posts

CarAudio.com Veteran
i hooked up my XXX components to my amp today and im not getting that much vocals but im not sure what to set my xover to that comes with them and if the amp needs to be set to a certain freq. and all that... i am getting alot of bass out of the woofer tho lol. also i ran my RCAs from my brutus1600.1 to my highs amp could that be why? should i run a new set from the back of my HU just for the highs? thnaks

The crossover for component sets are usually around 70~100Hz high pass. Does the Brutus have full-range preamp outputs or does it have a crossover for it too? If so then set it to "pass thru" or full range. I had one and I should know but I don't remember.

Is the gain on your 4 channel turned up? Also make sure the preamp outputs from the headunit are set to "full range" and not something else if you're running the highs signal from the sub amp.

it was the ground..i never drove the car til this morning i had alt whine coming thru so i regrounded and ran another set of rcas and bam.. components came to life.. thanks for ur help tho i still needed to set them i never had components this good and didnt want to ruin them lol

troubleshooting is a bitttccc isnt it?

I spent all day trying to figure out why my sub isnt playing. i did so many switch between my amps. test with other speakers....come to find out the fuse holder was no good. i even checked the fuse and it was ok. but the fuse holder had some corrosion in there.

yeah, it had me confused for sure.. i started thinking at first maybe i didnt tune them right so i wasnt getting good output.. then i drove the car and realized the ground was bad from the whine coming through.. these XXX components very nice tho now.. im pretty pleased with them

Glad you got in figured out always wanted to hear a pair of those speakers.. I also have a whine but I have my rca's crossed with a power wire somewhere gotta take care of that someday..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.