Voltage RISE...

I think amp is good to 16 but I can't remember.... As long as it doesn't hurt anything it's actually pretty awesome most have issues with voltage drop and my sheets going the other way boosting my rms output at max vol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ya the more i think about it....

playing full tilt, at highway speeds.... and your voltage is going up...

im wandering if the alt is going bad..

were it starting to send spikes..

cold im at 14.8 to 15.1

but when the bass hits it never goes up...

so if thats what your is doing ( bass hits and your voltage goes up... you have a alt problem.

play full tilt at idle and note your voltage .

Just stopped at woods audio home of twisted sounds and had a meeting of the minds...

Conclusion

Amp draws around 225 at tilt the draw on the battery is causing the computer to tell the alt to supply more amperage hence the slight voltage rise to 15.2 it goes back down to 14.7 right away if the bass doesn't continue to hit... If anything I should be excited cause this amp does 2400rms at 1ohm uncertified at 14.2 and they have hit 3900rms on the dyno coming out of this amp between 15-16v

Just stopped at woods audio home of twisted sounds and had a meeting of the minds...
Conclusion

Amp draws around 225 at tilt the draw on the battery is causing the computer to tell the alt to supply more amperage hence the slight voltage rise to 15.2 it goes back down to 14.7 right away if the bass doesn't continue to hit... If anything I should be excited cause this amp does 2400rms at 1ohm uncertified at 14.2 and they have hit 3900rms on the dyno coming out of this amp between 15-16v

My silverado did the same thing after i added a shuriken battery, a week later my starting battery exploded, the regulator in the alt had gone bad. Not to mention i went thru two "new" ones with just a crescent wrench in the auto zone parking lot... Just watch your voltage and your dash lights, mine began to flicker or pulse somewhat constantly.

My silverado did the same thing after i added a shuriken battery, a week later my starting battery exploded, the regulator in the alt had gone bad. Not to mention i went thru two "new" ones with just a crescent wrench in the auto zone parking lot... Just watch your voltage and your dash lights, mine began to flicker or pulse somewhat constantly.
mine flicker and whatnot when i look closely, easier to see at night. ive been wondering why its doing that but i havent had any issues. im thinking its probably just a ground strap that needs to be cleaned. batteries are fine, still rest fully charged when i dont kill them on the drive. you'd be surprised how much of a difference it makes cleaning your terminals on a 10+ year old vehicle.

mine flicker and whatnot when i look closely, easier to see at night. ive been wondering why its doing that but i havent had any issues. im thinking its probably just a ground strap that needs to be cleaned. batteries are fine, still rest fully charged when i dont kill them on the drive. you'd be surprised how much of a difference it makes cleaning your terminals on a 10+ year old vehicle.
Or a slightly loose terminal even, seen it too many times.

15.2V is pretty hard on a battery.
I'll contact mechman after I measure my flywheel pully make sure I'm not over revving the alt... And I agree a constant 15.2 would be hard on the battery but a second or two here and there should be fine....

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.