w7= poop...

could you cut a huge, obviously intentional fart in a big church and expect the whole congregation to look at you with a smile and say "bless you"? didn't think so.

same goes for that MTX box with the W7 in it...in your car. that box is the transmission between your motor (w7) and the pavement (your sound goal). every transmission you put on your favorite motor in your favorite car will yield different results in the 1/4 mile, around a race track or any other application. the box for your sub does the same thing.

don't blow more money on another sub until you know what that one can actually do. get your enclosure engineered, not guessineered or guruneered!

My front stage is getting about 150 each and rear stage is getting about 100 each on the Focals... Sooo 500 total
I don't have any rears... my mids are getting about 150 or so then about 50 to each tweeter... I dunno exact amount as I'm running some very underrated old school amps for power.

A lot of wrong ITT.

I have a 18" BTL in a 1cu ft box sealed with the gaines on my amp all wrong and no idea what my settings are. Sounds like **** to the BTL= poop.

No. Before you make any statement about ANY product do your homework first and make sure everything is right. I know you're off on something as I have seen a JL 13w7 take a 1000/1 and sound good. In fact I was part of building the system.

I would deff say no to rebuilding it, thats too much work, too much time, too much money, etc.
Its a W7, it may not be as loud as you want, but should deff sound great if properly installed. I believe the 12 is meant to take 750, while the 13.5 is meant to take 1000, though I am sure they can take more.

You can throw that bad boy up on eBay and easily get $300-400

Then you are well on your way to getting a BTL.
Dave rebuilt a 12w7 and IIRC it was only like $250

Also 1000w RMS is the top of their RMS range right before the warranty void.

I have a 4 door truck, so I need rear fill
Why does that mean you need rear fill? It's not changing the driver dynamics too much. It probably makes it a little louder, but if people are not sitting in the back seats all the time, rear fill is not needed.

Why does that mean you need rear fill? It's not changing the driver dynamics too much. It probably makes it a little louder, but if people are not sitting in the back seats all the time, rear fill is not needed.
This. I have a 2dr Tahoe without rear fill. People in the back seat say they can hear just fine.

Has nothing to do with the driver dynamics. Passengers are often common in my truck, hence a full sized 4 door truck. So I have people sitting in the rear all the time. Assuming, and you can correct me if this is incorrect, you have a car. My cabin space is a bit larger than yours. I didnt have rear fill for the first year of my truck. I loaded another set of Focal comps and my passengers are much happier and so am I. Go ahead and say I need to just upgrade my front stage. I dare you, but before you do, check my signature.

It is MUCH louder and much clearer, not a little bit louder like you said. There are circumstances when rear fill is a suitable application. People read that rear fill is bad. Completely untrue. I have had a car. No rear fill and that was fine for me.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

muddin wolvy

10+ year member
muddin wolvy
Henderson, KY
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from