w7= poop...

Has nothing to do with the driver dynamics. Passengers are often common in my truck, hence a full sized 4 door truck. So I have people sitting in the rear all the time. Assuming, and you can correct me if this is incorrect, you have a car. My cabin space is a bit larger than yours. I didnt have rear fill for the first year of my truck. I loaded another set of Focal comps and my passengers are much happier and so am I. Go ahead and say I need to just upgrade my front stage. I dare you, but before you do, check my signature.
It is MUCH louder and much clearer, not a little bit louder like you said. There are circumstances when rear fill is a suitable application. People read that rear fill is bad. Completely untrue. I have had a car. No rear fill and that was fine for me.
No one was knocking your equipment, you said you NEED rear fill, which is very un-true. You, as the driver, dont hear much of the rear speakers. Im proud of you for having some Focals. I have a car, and dont blast my music when I have a car full of people. It does not make it any cleaner, if you have some Utopias up front, but yes I am sure it makes it a lot louder. All I was saying was that rear fill is not a NEED, as you told the other guy. And since it is in your rear doors, I am sure it interferes with your front stage a lot less, mine are in the rear deck, so my sub distorts them a lot. Lastly, just because you have a 4 door truck, does not mean you always have people in the back. I have a 4 door car, and have a car full of people, maybe once a month, (just saying).

Rear fill helps if it is aimed correctly, in my car I cant hear mine at all. its just for passengers. I never fade it in unless somebody is in the back, the person behind the passenger seat cant hear it anyway cause my port is about 6 inches from their head

Rear fill helps if it is aimed correctly, in my car I cant hear mine at all. its just for passengers. I never fade it in unless somebody is in the back, the person behind the passenger seat cant hear it anyway cause my port is about 6 inches from their head
So, as I was saying, it is not not a NEED for you as the driver...

So, as I was saying, it is not not a NEED for you as the driver...
"I" means "My situation" not ME personally as a driver. Sorry I dont think of just myself when I have people in my vehicle. I think of everyone. If it sounds like crap going for a 4 hour drive with 5 people in my truck and sounds great for the two people up front, but sounds like crap for the 3 people in the back, then why? Why not help my fellow rear passengers out? "I" dont need it for my front seats, my rear passengers need it so they dont just hear boom boom boom. Didnt know we were getting so technical with "I" and "My Passengers" in regards to needs.

Thats my point. My subs are underneath my rear seats. My friends enjoy my music in my truck and they like it loud. They enjoy my stereo. They enjoy it much more now that they can hear highs and mids. My components are aimed pretty well. They were re adjusted probably about 4 times to achieve what I was doing specifically for my rear passengers, not for me as a driver

The less speakers the better! Of course High SQ = 3 Way active.
You just contradicted yourself. 3 ways are better, but less speakers the better? So one 5.5" speaker is better than any other setup in a car?

After some craigslist hustlin, I wound up with a JL 12w7. I got quite a deal on it, but its not at all what i had hoped for giving JL's overrated rep. It's a decent sub, but can only take 1000w rms and it doesnt really like that. I hear the motor on the w7s are really good though, so im thinking of a recone to 15" using the w7s motor. Is this a good idea?? Does it sound like a good or bad idea?TIA

alot of people fail to realize what the w7 is built for, ya a noob is gonna say exactly what you said about thoughs subs if you expected them to put out major spl and sound like a xcon or a nightshade or btl, there made for super sq from your sub stage. they are not made for high spl levels or loud rolling bass, w7's are awesome sq monsters. but i would never use them unless it was a strickly sq build

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

muddin wolvy

10+ year member
muddin wolvy
Henderson, KY
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from