Wall in a Genesis Coupe : Couple question

also not the same as the optima
the genesis coupe 3.8 only shares its engine with the 3.8 genesis sedan. the 2.0l coupe shares its motor with no other vehicle.
The 2.0 turbo optima and genesis turbo have interchangable parts..idk abt the 3.8 ..but my buddy has the turbo and ges in a optima/genesis club

If you need a hand i stay over in collinsville, 5 min drive
Hey man you should pm me your email or cell I might have to meet up and demo your system and possibly use some assistance building this new project haha. I just got a raptor 700r from a guy in collinsville the day before I left for Iowa. I work a traveling job cleaning boilers so I've been hitting the road a lot due to this is our busy system. I'm trying to set back cash for this system since I just dropped 3gramd on this quad haha.

U sure about that?Im pretty sure it does my buddy has a turbo optima and hes bought genesis parts
anywho a rewound alt isnt gona work for him
The 2.0 turbo optima and genesis turbo have interchangable parts..idk abt the 3.8 ..but my buddy has the turbo and ges in a optima/genesis club
They are not the same engine. the optima is a direct injected turbo engine, the genesis is not direct injection. The engines do not share the same layout and most components. Trust me, i spent a solid 2 years modding the **** out of a turbo gc.

as for the op, stick with your original plan of 7kish total, rebuild/upgrade a stock alt since they do not make one for your car and/or go with the 12k, get an extra battery or 2 and make sure you dont sit around demoing forever and keep an eye on the voltage. If you want to get crazy you can buy a generic alternator and fab up a mount for it.

They are not the same engine. the optima is a direct injected turbo engine, the genesis is not direct injection. The engines do not share the same layout and most components. Trust me, i spent a solid 2 years modding the **** out of a turbo gc.
as for the op, stick with your original plan of 7kish total, rebuild/upgrade a stock alt since they do not make one for your car and/or go with the 12k, get an extra battery or 2 and make sure you dont sit around demoing forever and keep an eye on the voltage. If you want to get crazy you can buy a generic alternator and fab up a mount for it.
do u kno if the alts match

I think what im going to go with is the following for starters

2x sq hdc4 15s

2x sq3500.1d

4x of those batteries I linked.

then a 50' spool of 1/0AWG OFC (for starters so I dont over buy)

Have my alt rewound to 300-320amps if possible.

For the general setup, wall in back seat, aeroport with detachable flares for like a 32-34hz tuning then a like 44hz tuning.

big 3 with 2 runs of 1/0 zip tied or wrapped in electrical tape to hold them tight together for each of the 3 connections.

2 runs of power from under the hood batt to first battery in the trunk bank.

1 run of wire between each battery in the bank (since its like a 6-8" run)

2 runs from battery to each amp connection.

2 runs of ground everywhere.

inline fuses in the following, within 8 inches of hood battery. 8 inches or closer to first battery in bank (so main line will have 2 inlines)

then in between each amp and battery connections.

I think what im going to go with is the following for starters2x sq hdc4 15s

2x sq3500.1d

4x of those batteries I linked.

then a 50' spool of 1/0AWG OFC (for starters so I dont over buy)

Have my alt rewound to 300-320amps if possible.

For the general setup, wall in back seat, aeroport with detachable flares for like a 32-34hz tuning then a like 44hz tuning.

big 3 with 2 runs of 1/0 zip tied or wrapped in electrical tape to hold them tight together for each of the 3 connections.

2 runs of power from under the hood batt to first battery in the trunk bank.

1 run of wire between each battery in the bank (since its like a 6-8" run)

2 runs from battery to each amp connection.

2 runs of ground everywhere.

inline fuses in the following, within 8 inches of hood battery. 8 inches or closer to first battery in bank (so main line will have 2 inlines)

then in between each amp and battery connections.
No one will respool a alt that high highest ive seen is around 220 and they **** esp without a underdrive pulley ...unless u get a true ho alt u will be burning stuff up i fear

No one will respool a alt that high highest ive seen is around 220 and they **** esp without a underdrive pulley ...unless u get a true ho alt u will be burning stuff up i fear
if i cant find a alt then ill have to stick with stock, and run more than 4 batteries.

Just got this email back from singer alts

The upgraded unit that I offer for your vehicle is a 275A (310A peak) - 6 phase hairpin design-. This alternator is a direct bolt on design for your vehicle and would plug in just like the factory alternator.I include my overdrive pulley to boost the idle output (this will spin the alternator faster at low RPMS to boost idle output by around 30 to 40A more then the stock will). The total price on this unit shipped w/ my lifetime warranty on labor is $549

All units come w/ a lifetime warranty that covers any repair labor (parts are at company cost) You can add a powder coating option on any order for an additional $48.
how should this hold up?

so is this going to actually be a wall or just a box in the back seat? Cuz I wouldn't waste my time walling 2 15's....either do 2 18's, 4 12's, or 4 15's...whatever will fit

Great but get the externally regulated one if ur cars pcm controls the voltage
I know nothing much about under the hood, how do I figure this out?

so is this going to actually be a wall or just a box in the back seat? Cuz I wouldn't waste my time walling 2 15's....either do 2 18's, 4 12's, or 4 15's...whatever will fit
I don't know if you've seen the backseat in a genny but they are tiny. I think 2 15s will be pushing it. And I plane on building a beauty plate for a wall and sealing it. Get it wrapped in leather locally to match my car for 100$

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.