Warhorse owners please elighten me..

raptor727
10+ year member

come get some!!
pensacola FL
I just picked up a Warhorse for a good price local and am going to run two shok tsx 18's (B2 xc's) so I want a full 10k to them and I figure after rise wiring at the 4ohm like your suppose to I would be lucky to see 6k.. So what should I do buy dual 2 recones or the recommended dual 4's? Electrical will be a Mechman 320 amp alt and 8 group 31's.. Also this will be a groundpounder/demo vehicle I won't be doing any comps with the warhorse since they **** for that apparently. Please do not tell me how bad the warhorse ***** in your opinion either..

I do not believe you have enough voltage to power it properly. I have personally been involved with a Warhorse install and even with dual 300 amp alts and a big battery bank, we were dropping into the low 12's.

it's not going to be 10 mins straight of music... How do people run ab 1100.1's that are a lot less efficient on less electrical?? Just saying the warhorse is suppose to be over 90% efficient right? I powered a 4,000 watt system on a 60amp alt and three group 31's lmao!! And I never let it drop below 12

[quote name='raptor727']it's not going to be 10 mins straight of music... How do people run ab 1100.1's that are a lot less efficient on less electrical?? Just saying the warhorse is suppose to be over 90% efficient right? I powered a 4,000 watt system on a 60amp alt and three group 31's lmao!! And I never let it drop below 12[/QUOTE]

hold on i'll get the warhorse owners for you.... lol
@wickedwitt; @Jes 42; wickedwitt is pro of all things kicker and has a couple warhorses or had.... lol

He had to have been clipping hard, because I ran mine at .8/side so 1.6 final on 1 Ohio Gen 270 and 3 Deka 9A31s without dropping below 13.5v unless I purposely clipped the HU.

Some horses are pickier than others about wiring low, however you can expect to see 7k+ at 2ohm per side in all honesty. You'd be surprised, as dampened as that signal is, that you really won't see any louder to the ear by dropping impedance. I had terrible coil options so I only had 3.2/side or .8/side as my choice and I noticed a discernible difference in SQ by dropping to .8/side. I did get louder, obviously; but I clamped 6400w at 4.2/side (added wire resistance).

He had to have been clipping hard, because I ran mine at .8/side so 1.6 final on 1 Ohio Gen 270 and 3 Deka 9A31s without dropping below 13.5v unless I purposely clipped the HU.
Some horses are pickier than others about wiring low, however you can expect to see 7k+ at 2ohm per side in all honesty. You'd be surprised, as dampened as that signal is, that you really won't see any louder to the ear by dropping impedance. I had terrible coil options so I only had 3.2/side or .8/side as my choice and I noticed a discernible difference in SQ by dropping to .8/side. I did get louder, obviously; but I clamped 6400w at 4.2/side (added wire resistance).
so you clamped that per channel or is that both channels combined? If it only does around 6-7k these subs will laugh at that lol. Thanks for the advice thougj I suppose I will run rated impedance and see how it goes

so you clamped that per channel or is that both channels combined? If it only does around 6-7k these subs will laugh at that lol. Thanks for the advice thougj I suppose I will run rated impedance and see how it goes
Wow 7k per side?!? Just re-read your comment holy hell I didn't expect that.
no no, 7k+ total power, based on a load of 2ohm per side (4 ohm final). Also, the Xcs won't laugh at 7k @2, they will wreck your vehicle. We had a local guy (first guy in the states w/ B2 subs) with them on an M4 and they were quite loud. Could they have taken more? Yes. Was it necessary? No.

Build a large box, 16-18cu and trust me you'll have all the power on hand you need. I clamped 6400w total output with a final load over 8ohms. Of course efficiency of the horse drops as impedance drops, but you can still expect 7500-8000w on proper electrical at it's lowest rated impedance.

I had the pleasure of hearing a single xc12 D0.5 running off of an American bass vfl 750.1 (7600 rms) and it was nasty. It was much louder than my TWO sa15's running off of 2 elemental designs nin.1's, that single sub was like comparing a single 10 to my set up. I expected it to be loud but I have never heard a single 12" sub do what this thing would do.

Usually when you throw that much power at a sub you get quite a bit of mechanical noise from the sub, this thing was damm near mechanically silent . Very Very powerful sub, I was very very impressed.

I wants 4 of em !!! and the amps to move them !!! (while we are wishing)

no no, 7k+ total power, based on a load of 2ohm per side (4 ohm final). Also, the Xcs won't laugh at 7k @2, they will wreck your vehicle. We had a local guy (first guy in the states w/ B2 subs) with them on an M4 and they were quite loud. Could they have taken more? Yes. Was it necessary? No.
Build a large box, 16-18cu and trust me you'll have all the power on hand you need. I clamped 6400w total output with a final load over 8ohms. Of course efficiency of the horse drops as impedance drops, but you can still expect 7500-8000w on proper electrical at it's lowest rated impedance.
So I will never see a true 10k? Just trying to figure out what is special about the amp other than it's effeciency. I may sell and go woth a a crossifre xs 8k I want these subs to move! But before I sell I will give it a shot I guess. Thanks for the advice I appreciate it.

I just picked up a Warhorse for a good price local and am going to run two shok tsx 18's (B2 xc's) so I want a full 10k to them and I figure after rise wiring at the 4ohm like your suppose to I would be lucky to see 6k.. So what should I do buy dual 2 recones or the recommended dual 4's? Electrical will be a Mechman 320 amp alt and 8 group 31's.. Also this will be a groundpounder/demo vehicle I won't be doing any comps with the warhorse since they **** for that apparently. Please do not tell me how bad the warhorse ***** in your opinion either..
.......... who told you these suq for comps? i have a friend that currently uses one for comps and his does just fine....

.......... who told you these suq for comps? i have a friend that currently uses one for comps and his does just fine....
Well they are not terrible but because of the push pull nature of the amp I hear they don't score as well as it should.. I don't care about score though I just want nasty hairtricks and something to play some stupid lows from my decaf.. All about the enjoyment of bass for me

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.