Well JL won't work.....

Diplexers
10+ year member

Logarithmic Robot
Phoenix, AZ
Actually I wanted to go with the 4 W6'v2's, but do to the dual 4 ohm VC config, it won't work for me. I would have gone for the W7's but they are 3 ohm coils which also won't work for me.......

So right now I have two choices

1). 4 JL12W3's sealed. They have better linear xmax than the old W6's and sound pretty dammmn good.... I only say this cause I used to have the three JLW6 trio and they sounded awesome.

2). Or two 12" Type X's sealed. I do like the linear capabilities of this sub, 19 mm one way.

I have 1000 watts per channel RMS on a dual mono amp (2000 watts total)

I am going for all out sound quality and trying to get loud while doing it.

Please post your thoughts if you have experience with either sub. Thanx;)

I think you can do much better than Type-Xs, especially when considering linear capabilities.

As far as W3s go, they sound good but nothing special IMO.

Try:

IDMax

SI Mag

RL-P

Arc Flatlines

Avalanche

Brahma

XXX

The usual suspects, but for good reason.

the 12 w3v2 rock hard and sound great. I'd keep em but i want a single sub setup so i'd need the dual 4 w6v2 instead of these dual 2 w3

if u port the 4 jlw312's omg...with 500watts going to each of them u can garrantee yourself hitting mid to high 140's easy.......if i can hit 142 with 2 10w3's the old ones..i know u can do more with the new w3 12's and 2000watts

Well I really don't have a limit on money and all I am looking for is loud and clean clean clean. I am near to Phoenix (35 miles) so if any one is in or near phoenix I would like to sample (hear) some subs of your recommendation, ie. RE, SI, TC sounds, Type X, etc etc...

Well I really don't have a limit on money and all I am looking for is loud and clean clean clean. I am near to Phoenix (35 miles) so if any one is in or near phoenix I would like to sample (hear) some subs of your recommendation, ie. RE, SI, TC sounds, Type X, etc etc...
i can't think of any RE, SI, or Type X subs in the Phoenix area, im sure there are some, but i dont know of any

TC, on the other hand: i have a pair of SS RL-i8s, and im supposed to demo the SS RL-s12 in December

i can't think of any RE, SI, or Type X subs in the Phoenix area, im sure there are some, but i dont know of anyTC, on the other hand: i have a pair of SS RL-i8s, and im supposed to demo the SS RL-s12 in December
Give me an IM an we'll see about a demo;)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.