what build?

Participant count
  • Participant list
So I'm the next 2 weeks I'll be getting either a c10 or a z71. The plan was to do 2 18" XFLs on a crescendo BC2250D I think it was. Then 2 8" PWXs and crescendo tweeters then a 320 mechman. And put the subs in a 4th order. The whole this came up to just over 2000. Half of what the truck will cost. Whats the best system I can do for 1000-1500? I want clear sound with deep bass that'll seriously flex. It's a daily system.

Single cab? Ext? Crew? How much space? I have a 90 c1500 single cab and

1) I removed my center console

2)zv4 10 inverted

3)soundqubed 2200

4)singer 320alt

5)all Sky high ofc wiring

6) custom box behind seats.

7) 2 agm batteries.

All that alone was over $2k

And I don't flex. Now if you want blow through it'll be even more expensive.

So like I said earlier what kind of truck and space you willing to give up? But honestly $1500 ain't gonna flex squat

A blow through opens up a million possibilities. Do you plan on installing and building box and blow through setup yourself? If your limit is $1500 then I recommend lowering your expectations. Budget friendly quality stuff is soundqubed. And buy used.

The amp and subs alone are a little over $1k then the alt is maybe $500 idk depends but for a $320 your def in that price range maybe more. Now you still need at least 2 batteries which will be easily over $500 as well. Then you need your wiring kits which will be roughly $200 for 1/0, big 3 kit and amp kit plus some additional wire for your second battery. I crammed all my stuff inside my cab and I used up a 50ft roll of 1/0, 4 fuse holders, lugs and heat shrink and rcas. All this was about $300 so yea as you can see it starts getting expensive real quick. So my recommendation save up more money or do what I did build it little by little. I've been building my system since February and it's still not in my truck. Or just buy some simple subs maybe in the $200 range each a hifonics amp and call it a day.

Sorry to thread bomb. I currently have $5040 total. I can get a 1980 fully rebuil t with 500 miles for $3000 and a 99 z71 with 160k for $3500. So whatever is left is usable funds for the build. I can get XFLs for $198 a pop

Honestly I wouldn't do a blow through for a kicker system. I'd only go blow through if I'm dumping some real power in my truck. I say get 2 shallow 10's sealed or 1 ported. Behind the seat in a wedge enclosure.

That just won't be enough bump for me. 2 15 CVRs aren't really even enough. What if I did the XFLs at 198 a pop in a blowthrough with a cheaper amp, and everything on the cheaper side? That or I can get a Kicker set on the cheap. $500 total for new. Or if I want CVXs I think its 750. Then some good mids and highs

a budget system? you can say cheap its ok here. looking for amp and subs is not a system. its an amp and subs. look at the soundqubed products. great for the price..

Aight. Yea I'm lookin for amp, subs, mids, highs, everything. All I know is that I want to do a blowthrough. What sound qubed do you recommend for the price? As in what combo for what I'm wanting to do.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.